Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Avast alarm  (Read 5368 times)

Meteorhead

• View Profile
Avast alarm
« on: April 20, 2012, 07:34:05 pm »
Hi,

I know I must've been very famous with my switching from dynamic cmake scripts to the static ones, but here's the next issue:

for some unknown reason, Avast seems to argue about my application, that it is suspected to be a malware. I thought that it might think because I'm launching new threads (but hey, that is no black magic), but now I'm seeing that all (!) SFML and SFGUI examples also cause an alarm. You know all the details of the lib, I have no chance at guessing what could cause the trouble. I'm building both libs statically, and Avast just got updated today (or yesterday, can't remember).

Would you like me to do any tests?

Cheers,
Máté

p.s.: could it be the doing of importing symbols of GLEW at static build?

Cornstalks

• View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Avast alarm
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 07:53:48 pm »
I have no idea, but from I've googled, you can report false-positives to Avast here.

Meteorhead

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 08:04:57 pm »
If Laurent says that he is absolutely positive that no ugly hacking is inside the code that could trigger a virus scan, then I'll report it as a false alarm. I do not wish to set every single SFML executable name as a white-list member in avast.

I'm in favor of Avast, because unlike AVG, it doesn't bitch about everything. That is why I would like to know why this is happening...

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 08:57:23 pm »
I have absolutely no idea what could cause Avast to think SFML apps are viruses.

I use Avast everyday on my personal computer and never got an alarm from it.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Meteorhead

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 09:54:48 pm »
I don't know either why it behaves this way. Pong is the only example that doesn't trigger Avast. Tomorrow I'll build with the latest 2.0 rc and see if it still persists. If it does, I'll report is as false.

Groogy

• MSN Messenger - groogy@groogy.se
    • View Profile
    • http://www.groogy.se
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 10:15:10 pm »
I have that Avast opens the examples in sandbox mode but I don't get it on anything else. Though I do get it on my old university projects as well which is written with HGE.
Developer and Maker of rbSFML and Programmer at Paradox Development Studio

mateandmetal

• The bird is the word
    • View Profile
    • my blog
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 01:28:52 am »
Avast version 7 has autosandbox enabled by default. Go to the options menu, Autosandbox. You will see a list of "reasons for autosandboxing". You can try disabling one by one, or just disabling autosandbox  ;D
- Mate (beverage) addict
- Heavy metal addict _lml
- SFML 2 addict
- My first (and free) game: BichingISH!