Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: "Next »" goes to second page. Why not "Last"?  (Read 5148 times)

Walker

• View Profile
"Next »" goes to second page. Why not "Last"?
« on: April 27, 2012, 01:51:14 am »
Just noticed that while in the forum looking through threads (not in a thread yet), clicking "Next »" to access the thread instead of one of the other page numbers takes you to page 2. I can't personally see any reason for this, I clicked it hoping for it to take me to the last page of the thread. Which now seems useless anyway as longer threads seem to keep links to pages 1, 2 and 3 visible, then the last page number as well.

Simply put - Why have this:

Thor 2.0
    Started by Nexus « 1 2 3 ... 5 Next » »

and not just:

Thor 2.0
    Started by Nexus « 1 2 3 ... 5 »

The "Next »" is confusing! :-[

Astrof

• View Profile
Re: "Next »" goes to second page. Why not "Last"?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 03:21:29 am »
The "Next" part isn't confusing; it does what it says.  It says "next" so it goes to the "next" page.  But I agree with you I think it should be "last" instead of "next" as you already see what page you're on and what is the next page.  Maybe have the arrow be next and have the word Last?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: "Next »" goes to second page. Why not "Last"?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 07:56:07 am »
The "Prev" and "Next" links are supposed to show in the thread view only, not in the board view. Unfortunately, I assume that both are handled the same way in the forum code.
And it was added by a MOD, it's not something that I wrote myself, so all I can do is to find the author and complain :)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

anything