Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML gets terminated right away?  (Read 5281 times)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: SFML gets terminated right away?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 05:44:47 pm »
You can put DLLs in any folder, as long as its path is added to the PATH environment variable. Standard paths such as C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Program Files are already in it.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

model76

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 08:51:23 pm »
It is found but only if i start it thru eclipse. Now i copyed the sfml-system.dll to the folder where executable file is and ran it by double clicking on it. It worked, i tested on eclipse while the dll was in the same folder and again it worked. Soo is this the only option, to put the dll's into the same folder as executable, or can i load them from a different folder?
That's strange. On my Windows computer I get an error that the application couldn't start because of a missing DLL, and it even names the DLL. It doesn't matter if I compile with the Microsoft compiler or MinGW.

zivkovic

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 09:21:07 am »
I know right. Thanks for all your help Laurent and others contributors.

ndj

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 05:10:58 pm »
Hi all.
For a first post in the sfml forums, I'm a little ashamed to exhume an old post... Well, It may help another lost user =)

If your executable instantly close (didn't run at all) it's probably cause it's missing some dlls. I guess your dlls are located near the exe cause windows can launch it properly. So why on earth eclipse can't find them ?

In fact you must configure the current directory of execution in the "Run/Run configuration..." pannels. The default one is probably not the one in which the dll (and exe) are located.