Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Procedural Animation/Movement, Steering Behaviour  (Read 17439 times)

Klaim

• View Profile
Re: Procedural Animation/Movement, Steering Behaviour
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 07:49:43 pm »
In the same time, I'm not actually advocating using time as reference because it would imply providing an update loop.

Instead, I'm advocating providing tools to quickly setup your own tweening by calling some system regularly with an update of where between the beginning 0 and the end 1 of the animation (this is the general term for this) the generated/animated values should be.

That way, it would be easier to setup tweening for your specific context of use of SFML (which carefully avoid providing a framework but just provide building blocks).

notnowlewis

• View Profile
Re: Procedural Animation/Movement, Steering Behaviour
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 11:34:54 pm »
In the same time, I'm not actually advocating using time as reference because it would imply providing an update loop.

Instead, I'm advocating providing tools to quickly setup your own tweening by calling some system regularly with an update of where between the beginning 0 and the end 1 of the animation (this is the general term for this) the generated/animated values should be.

That way, it would be easier to setup tweening for your specific context of use of SFML (which carefully avoid providing a framework but just provide building blocks).

Agreed, the time/update loop shouldn't be required, it's just an example of what I'd want to be able to do with tweening classes.