Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Crystal Engine - 3D RPG Game Engine  (Read 3207 times)

ToKakgouri

• View Profile
    • Email
Crystal Engine - 3D RPG Game Engine
« on: May 24, 2012, 02:42:49 pm »
Hello everybody :)

For some time now i have been working on a project that i quit a few times but now i'm really convinced that this time i won't quit :D .
It's going to be a fully functional 3D RPG game engine with single player support for now and maybe some online after. The engine is written entirely in C++ and uses SFML along with OpenGL.
Because it's at very early stage there isn't much to say but soon when i finish with the .obj models import i will start to implement some UI. The interface will be like most 3D engines, import objects, place them on the space and add interaction through events and commands.
Finaly, i decided to use the WinAPI Control Library for the GUI. It's not that complicated as i read some tutorials yesterday and made some small ui stuff quite easily.
Here's the basic features that have been implemented and going to be implemented as soon as possible!

Current version: v0.0.2
Currently on: User Interface(WinAPI)

Done:
Simple class to load and render .obj files
Loading and full rendering of .obj files
Texture loading & mapping from .obj files

Todo:
Loading of multiple objects from single .obj file(for rooms, buildings etc.)
Loading of texture coordinates & map to object
Implement lighting

More stuff has to be done, but let's put those first  ;)

Updated: 25/5/2012
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:49:13 pm by ToKakgouri »
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
Michael Moncur

aBallofWin

• View Profile
Re: Crystal Engine - 3D RPG Game Engine
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 03:10:02 pm »
Sounds interesting :) Could you tell us anything about how it's built? What language is it in? Does it use sfml at all? :)

ToKakgouri

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Crystal Engine - 3D RPG Game Engine
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 04:09:20 pm »
updated with additional info about the engine :)
soon i will post some screenshot/s
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
Michael Moncur