Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Running issue  (Read 796 times)

Andrei15193

Running issue
« on: July 04, 2012, 05:16:49 pm »
Hello,

I have installed SFML 1.6 on Ubuntu 11.10. Did the sudo make install and it all ran without problems. I made the test program, managed to compile, however when I run I get the following error:
Quote from: ./test
./test: error while loading shared libraries: libsfml-system.so.1.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I made a sudo mv of the shared library in question to /usr/lib and it worked. My question is, can I compile in a meaner that this operation is not required (the move of files to /usr/lib)? If not, then for Unix/Linux at least there will be a SFML Framework installer when publishing any version of the application. If this is the case I can write a small shell script that does the moving/coping and test if it works on a machine that never seen SFML and publish it if it works.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: Running issue
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 06:08:16 pm »
SFML 1.6 is installed to /usr/local/lib by default, which is not in the search paths of ld (the library loader) by default. I let you Google a little bit for the solution (you can even find it answer on this forum, I wrote it earlier today).
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Andrei15193

Re: Running issue
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 07:07:46 pm »
Thanks for the fast reply, I didn't search after library loader options for g++. Searched a bit about that on Google and found a nice solution for dynamic libraries, thanks for the tip :), have a nice day!