Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Two Mac Bugs - RC 2.0 and OSX 10.7.4  (Read 2409 times)

PixelMuffin

• View Profile
Two Mac Bugs - RC 2.0 and OSX 10.7.4
« on: July 16, 2012, 04:03:16 am »
Hi. I'd like to report two bugs I have noticed.

1. Oddly, my game/menu when in fullscreen on OSX, the entire screen if shifted upwards by about a third making the top of the screen non viewable.

2. The first time I play a sound, there is often a crack/half sound/no sound at all. When it is used again, it plays fine. The sound is in .ogg format.

Please let me know if I can be more specific or if these are known bugs.

Thank!

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Two Mac Bugs - RC 2.0 and OSX 10.7.4
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 04:58:23 pm »
1/ This has been fixed since the RC. See my other post & github issue tracker / commit log.

2/ Does the «sound» example also suffer from this ? Could you upload an ogg file that reproduce the issue ?
SFML / OS X developer

PixelMuffin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 05:45:21 am »
2/ Does the «sound» example also suffer from this ? Could you upload an ogg file that reproduce the issue ?

The sound from the template does not have the same problem and since then, I haven't really noticed the error to be too pronounced but still there. Let me find a way to reproduce it. I should also add that at the beginning of using Xcode (right after I boot the system) there is a delay from when the sound should play to when it does. I am on a Macbook Air. I will help make this reproducible and then let you know.

eigen

• Brobdingnagian ding dong
    • View Profile
    • Pioneersgame.com
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 08:03:51 am »
2. The first time I play a sound, there is often a crack/half sound/no sound at all. When it is used again, it plays fine. The sound is in .ogg format.

I can confirm that this happens to me too. I have a button clicking sound and most of the time when first played, it's really quiet/muffled. Then it gets better but still plays quietly occasionally. Difference is, it's a WAV file.

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 12:12:38 pm »
I should also add that at the beginning of using Xcode (right after I boot the system) there is a delay from when the sound should play to when it does.
This is probably not related to SFML. Does the sound also delays when you start a movie right after booting up you Mac ?

I can confirm that this happens to me too. I have a button clicking sound and most of the time when first played, it's really quiet/muffled. Then it gets better but still plays quietly occasionally. Difference is, it's a WAV file.
Interesting. Could you send me that WAV file, please ?
SFML / OS X developer