Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [WIP] MMORPG project - recruiting  (Read 32207 times)

OzVessalius

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: [WIP] MMORPG project - recruiting
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 11:15:28 pm »
So, I'm the second developer on the project, nice to meet you.

SFGUI seems to break the SFML
Would be nice to know how, so it can be fixed. This is clearly a bug if it can be reproduced.
It seems that if we not use resetGLStates in Login constructor, we can't draw with SFGUI.
But, after, we can't draw with SFGUI and SFML at the same time in World class.

If you can take a look on Login.cpp, remove "Window->resetGLStates()" or try to draw a minimal GUI in World.
Maybe, that I don't know how to use completely SFGUI, I've thought we can use popGLStates/pushGLStates, but it's a loss of performance, right ?

[Sorry, for my bad English]

binary1248

• SFML Team
  • I am awesome.
    • View Profile
    • The server that really shouldn't be running
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2012, 03:26:35 am »
It is correct and required that you call resetGLStates() if you want to render with SFGUI before drawing with SFML. If you draw first with SFML it will be called internally the first time a Drawable hits the screen and you will not have to call it yourself. As such you could even call resetGLStates() from Main.cpp right after you create your RenderWindow. This way you only have to call it once at the start of the application and not for every SFGUI window you create.

But, after, we can't draw with SFGUI and SFML at the same time in World class.
Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean by at the same time? In separate threads? Or just within the same method in the World class? SFGUI was not meant to be drawn in a separate thread at the same time as anything else. The normal case is that it is the last thing that gets drawn to the Window before it is display()ed. I would have tested this myself, but after I realized how much work it takes to get the server up and running I just stopped.

Just a side note, I had to edit a few of your files to build the project:
Code: [Select]
if (NOT BUILD_ONLY_SERVER OR NOT BUILD_ONLY_CLIENT OR NOT BUILD_ONLY_WORLD_EDIT)
Maybe you meant to use AND instead of OR?

And in your Client CMakeLists.txt:
Code: [Select]
SFML_INCLUDE_DIRS -> SFML_INCLUDE_DIR
SFGUI_INCLUDE_DIRS -> SFGUI_INCLUDE_DIR
Boost has multiple directories, SFML and SFGUI only have one.
SFGUI # SFNUL # GLS # Wyrm <- Why do I waste my time on such a useless project? Because I am awesome (first meaning).

Krofna

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2012, 05:39:36 pm »
I would have tested this myself, but after I realized how much work it takes to get the server up and running I just stopped.
What was 'so much work'? SQL database? It can be set up in ~4 lines in terminal...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:04:40 pm by Krofna »

binary1248

• SFML Team
  • I am awesome.
    • View Profile
    • The server that really shouldn't be running
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2012, 10:38:47 pm »
I don't have a MySQL server installed and installing one just to test this is a bit too much. I also don't want to spend all the time that is required to get the dependencies of the server working.
SFGUI # SFNUL # GLS # Wyrm <- Why do I waste my time on such a useless project? Because I am awesome (first meaning).

anything