Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Strange problem with CodeBlocks Code Completion after switching to 2.0  (Read 3369 times)

Jebbs

• DSFML Developer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hey guys!

I just made the jump from 1.6 to 2.0 today and I noticed a strange problem with Code Completion inside CodeBlocks. Every time it pops up, it always starts with a capital letter instead of a lowercase one that I have noticed things have switched to. Is that just a part of Code Completion that I have to deal with or are there still some settings that need tweaking that I haven't realized?
DSFML - SFML for the D Programming Language.

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
Re: Strange problem with CodeBlocks Code Completion after switching to 2.0
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:17:50 am »
If you haven't removed the old header files Code::Blocks still might it's completion on the old headers. Also I'm not sure if Code::Blocks creates some sort of cache. If so you should clear it. ;)
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

Jebbs

• DSFML Developer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 12:23:34 am »
They're in a different path and it's with a brand new project, so I didn't think that it would be that. I'm not sure about the cache but it's worth looking into.

Thanks for the help!

Also, on an somewhat related note, why were things changed to start with a lowercase letter? I liked it better the old way. :(

Edit:

It totally had some cache build up. I just restarted CodeBlocks and it worked. Haha. Man I'm silly.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:25:38 am by Jebbles »
DSFML - SFML for the D Programming Language.

TheVirtualDragon

• View Profile
    • Control + Alt + Delete!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 06:43:33 pm »
If things start with a lower case, it saves you one key (the shift / caps lock) and there fore time. This time builds up if you are making a big project. Besides, it looks cool.  :P

CrazyBillyO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 08:11:47 pm »
Other object-oriented languages, such as Java, ActionScript, etc., also typically start their method names with lower-case letters, with class/type names typically starting out upper-case.  The change puts it more in line with those and other languages.

TheVirtualDragon

• View Profile
    • Control + Alt + Delete!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 05:19:39 pm »
Other object-oriented languages, such as Java, ActionScript, etc., also typically start their method names with lower-case letters, with class/type names typically starting out upper-case.  The change puts it more in line with those and other languages.

That makes much more sense than my theory.