Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Official SimpleButton Thread (Updated to v1.02)  (Read 4194 times)

superman3275

• View Profile
Official SimpleButton Thread (Updated to v1.02)
« on: October 11, 2012, 03:59:31 am »
This is the official thread for my, updated weekly, project: SimpleButton. This thread was last Updated: October 13th, 2012, at 19:16, To version: v1.02.
SimpleButton!
SimpleButtons goal is to allow the easy implementation of Dynamic Buttons and Dynamic GUI elements into C++ programs. It's main implementation is in Interactive Applications using the SFML library. SimpleButton requires the SFML library linked into your project to run. This project is updated weekly, and I try to get out a new feature every month, if not every week. This weeks new feature:

Dynamic Text Buttons!

Dynamic text buttons allow you to create buttons without images, using only text!

For the full documentation, please go to this page:
https://github.com/superman3275/-SFML-SimpleButton-
Follow the links there to find out where you can download SimpleButton, How to Install SimpleButton, and find a Full Documentation just updated to v1.02! Please enjoy this, I put some hard work into it!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:46:23 am by superman3275 »

panithadrum

• View Profile
    • Skyrpex@Github
    • Email
Re: I present to you: SFML SimpleButton v1.01
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 06:15:41 am »
Just one personal tip: use github or another source code distribution website. Or pack all the files into one single compressed file. Will make our lifes easier!

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 08:19:58 am »
I suggest you make an entry in the offical SFML wiki. ;)
Also the strange formating with spaces and |^ looks really bad, specially on my phone...
Use the formatings the fotum provides. ;)
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

superman3275

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 03:39:50 am »
Exploiter, how would I add this too the wiki? Also, what do you think of it? Is it good, will it be used? I've spent some time improving it and am still trying to add different buttons/features, but right now, is it a worthy project to you? Is it something you'd use if you didn't have a tool yet?

superman3275

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 11:32:50 pm »
I added it to the Wiki!
Also, I think I'm going to create some code for Text_Buttons (To put text in the buttons, and they'll be a parameter to choose what you want it to do when you put your cursour over it.)

Haikarainen

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 07:40:17 pm »
Hm.. I'd love to see more of this, but it's hard with the mediafire-links and the poor documentation.

A syntaxhighlighted examplesnippet of code, a screeenshot and direct-link to a download would probably attract more people.

Check out SFMLUploads.org, it was down for a while but now has a new owner, you can upload anything sfml-related there (codesnippets, projectarchives and screenshots) for free.

superman3275

• View Profile
Re: Official SimpleButton Thread (Updated to v1.02)
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 02:47:54 am »
Haikarainen, I just fully updated the documentation on github, put all the files into a .zip file, uploaded them to SFMLUploads.org, and put a new page on the Wiki about where you can download the .zip and how to install it!