Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML 2.0 and MSVCR100D.dll/Windows 8  (Read 15233 times)

Flash619

• View Profile
SFML 2.0 and MSVCR100D.dll/Windows 8
« on: October 25, 2012, 11:16:07 pm »
I'm only using the SFML\Window.hpp right now and my code is:

sf::Window window(sf::VideoMode(800, 600), "My window");
Directly from the tutorial. For some reason tho, It cannot find that DLL.

For other info I am using Visual Studio 2012, with Windows 8 Pro.

I am using a SFML that was build for VS 2010 but I'm not sure if that makes a difference because the compile log is completely clean of errors. Just the same, here is the console output:

'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\Travis\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\Genesis\Debug\Genesis.exe', Symbols loaded.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mscoree.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp110d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr110d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\guard32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\version.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\bcryptprimitives.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvStInit.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\psapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6871_none_50944e7cbcb706e5\msvcr90.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Genesis.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\fltLib.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file.
The program '[6948] Genesis.exe: Native' has exited with code -1073741515 (0xc0000135) 'A dependent dll was not found'.

I look forward to hearing from you all! :D Let me know if you require any other info. :)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: SFML 2.0 and MSVCR100D.dll/Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 11:18:47 pm »
You must copy the SFML DLLs to the directory where your compiled executable is.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 11:28:23 pm »
I'd also suggest to build the library native with VS11. It might work, but there's no guarantee and you might run into strange problems...

If you don't know your way around CMake it would be good to look into it, it's very useful for development, alternatively you can use the binaries I've compiled a few weeks back, get them here.
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

Flash619

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 12:42:02 am »
You must copy the SFML DLLs to the directory where your compiled executable is.

I already tried that. ;)

I'd also suggest to build the library native with VS11. It might work, but there's no guarantee and you might run into strange problems...

If you don't know your way around CMake it would be good to look into it, it's very useful for development, alternatively you can use the binaries I've compiled a few weeks back, get them here.

The SFML that I am using was indeed compiled on the version of VS that came out before VS 2012 *idk if that was 2011 or 2010.

I have never used cmake before in my life.

I'm still confused as to what is causing this error in the first place. >_<
EDIT
I solved some of my confusion. Visual studio 2012 is actually version "11" That can be confusing XD So no, I have not compiled SFML 2.0 on VS 11, nor do I remember how to do such. :/
EDIT
Also the library you linked me caused the exact same error.
EDIT
Also all of the examples included with SFML work , so it's probably due to the build on the library I would think? I'm also confused how the window.exe included in SFML manages to run without a .dll right next to it. T_T
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:13:03 am by Flash619 »

FRex

• Back to C++ gamedev with SFML in May 2023
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 01:41:30 am »
There is static linking which means things get linked into exe at compilation rather than linked to exe from nearby dlls at execution.
Back to C++ gamedev with SFML in May 2023

Flash619

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 01:44:44 am »
There is static linking which means things get linked into exe at compilation rather than linked to exe from nearby dlls at execution.

Oh, that makes sense. I forgot about the static libraries.

Any ideas on my other .dll problem? I really dont want to re build SFML2.0 I've been trying to for the last 45 min and am already pulling my hair out at CMake. I try it with my MinGW libraries, it has about 5 - 10 error, I try other online tutorials and follow them to the detail, it had errors. Literally every way that I try to build with CMake, including gui methods, all fail.

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 01:46:39 am »
Please do test your things first before you post and have to edit x times...
If nobody had answered to your post, I wouldn't have seen your edits since I looked at the post as it was after you just posted it.

Also all of the examples included with SFML work , so it's probably due to the build on the library I would think?
Not really, I'd say you've setup VS wrong...

You should read the official tutorial on Visual Studio and adapt the settings (they should actually be the same).

Also what version of VS11 are you using? The Express one or the Professional one?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:49:00 am by eXpl0it3r »
——————————————————————

Flash619

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 01:56:27 am »
Please do test your things first before you post and have to edit x times...
If nobody had answered to your post, I wouldn't have seen your edits since I looked at the post as it was after you just posted it.

Also all of the examples included with SFML work , so it's probably due to the build on the library I would think?
Not really, I'd say you've setup VS wrong...

You should read the official tutorial on Visual Studio and adapt the settings (they should actually be the same).

Well I figured, better to edit than to bump a post relentlessly.  ::) I was just trying to get you all the info that I could in a timely manor, so I kept informing you with what I found, as I found it.

That is the same tutorial that I used to setup VS11, I'm pretty sure its all setup right but just in case:

C/C++ -> Preprocessor -> Preprocessor Definitions "SFML_DYNAMIC;WIN32;_DEBUG;%(PreprocessorDefinitions)"

C/C++ -> General -> Additional Include Directories "C:\SFML-2.0-rc\include;%(AdditionalIncludeDirectories)"

Linker -> General -> Additional Library Directories "C:\SFML-2.0-rc\lib;%(AdditionalLibraryDirectories)"

Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies  "sfml-system-d.lib;sfml-main-d.lib;sfml-graphics-d.lib;sfml-audio-d.lib;sfml-network-d.lib;sfml-window-d.lib"

So I don't think any of that is it. :/

EDIT

Oh and VS 11 Express
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:01:22 am by Flash619 »

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 02:03:41 am »
And you get just that strange output and no more details on which exact DLL is missing?
Because it could very well miss some system depended library and have nothing to do with SFML at all.

Also building the libraries on your own is very easy and it's nicely described in the official tutorial. As generator you could use 'Visual Studio 11' directly and you'd get some nice project files. Then you simply have to build the INSTALL project and tada everything has been build. :)
——————————————————————

Flash619

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 02:10:16 am »
And you get just that strange output and no more details on which exact DLL is missing?
Because it could very well miss some system depended library and have nothing to do with SFML at all.

Also building the libraries on your own is very easy and it's nicely described in the official tutorial. As generator you could use 'Visual Studio 11' directly and you'd get some nice project files. Then you simply have to build the INSTALL project and tada everything has been build. :)

I said the exact .dll in the topic title. ;) "MSVCR100D.dll" is whats missing.

But..... this tutorial uses cmake.. I couldn't find one that used Visual Studio. I also noticed that the latest sfml downloads do not include VS project files or a "/build/" directory.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:46:10 am by Flash619 »

Flash619

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 02:39:34 am »
Also if you want to see my exact error log for CMake:

The C compiler identification is unknown
The CXX compiler identification is unknown
Check for working C compiler: C:/cygwin/bin/gcc.exe
Check for working C compiler: C:/cygwin/bin/gcc.exe -- broken
CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:52 (MESSAGE):
  The C compiler "C:/cygwin/bin/gcc.exe" is not able to compile a simple test
  program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: C:/Users/Travis/Desktop/sfml/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:C:/cygwin/bin/make.exe "cmTryCompileExec2571189032/fast"

/usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec2571189032.dir/build.make
  CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec2571189032.dir/build

make[1]: Entering directory
  `/cygdrive/c/Users/Travis/Desktop/sfml/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'

"/C/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/bin/cmake.exe" -E cmake_progress_report
  /C/Users/Travis/Desktop/sfml/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles 1

/bin/sh: /C/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/bin/cmake.exe: No such file or
  directory

CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec2571189032.dir/build.make:60: recipe for target
  `CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec2571189032.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj' failed

make[1]: ***
  [CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec2571189032.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj] Error 127

make[1]: Leaving directory
  `/cygdrive/c/Users/Travis/Desktop/sfml/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'

Makefile:117: recipe for target `cmTryCompileExec2571189032/fast' failed

make: *** [cmTryCompileExec2571189032/fast] Error 2

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:17 (project)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Oh, and this is the error I get when trying it with VS11

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Visual Studio 11".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Users/Travis/Desktop/sfml/build2/4/CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Users/Travis/Desktop/sfml/build2/4/CMakeFiles/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

As you can probably tell, by now, I dislike cmake. ^^;;;

and I have made no further progress on that missing .dll issue. I have no clue on where to even start with that one. >_<  *sigh I should have never even attempted any of this today.... Its just been errors, with errors, and no progress at all. >_< I miss the old days, when I had visual studio 10 and SFML working together flawlessly. Now days, nothing works anymore. >_<

I can get VS11 Pro/Prem/Ultimate from my college for free. Perhaps try one of those and see if the same error occurs with cmake? Because I found this:

http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=13348

I did just install cmake today, but I do not know if it contains in it, that update or not. I think it should, but there is always that chance I suppose.

I'll await your input on that. VS is a rather lengthy download.

Its confirmed that CMAKE will not work with VS Express editions of 2012 until 2.8.10. I'll download a different Visual Studio tomorrow. I just went with express because I didn't want overkill. >_> ....I'll just install ultimate for now. If I'm going overkill for a small project, I might as well go all the way. xD

Then maybe I can get it built, and maybe that will fix the missing .dll, and just maybe, I'll have SFML opening a window by the end of the day tomorrow. :D  *thats not sarcasm I've spent about..... seven hours on this issue so far.*
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 03:25:58 am by Flash619 »

Flash619

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 04:26:19 pm »
So this was my attempt at building and using the debug static library...

1>------ Build started: Project: Genesis, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>sfml-system-s-d.lib(ThreadImpl.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-system-s-d.lib(Thread.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-system-s-d.lib(Err.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>libcpmtd.lib(ios.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>libcpmtd.lib(ios.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: static void __cdecl std::ios_base::_Addstd(class std::ios_base *)" (?_Addstd@ios_base@std@@SAXPAV12@@Z) already defined in msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll)
1>libcpmtd.lib(ios.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: static void __cdecl std::ios_base::_Ios_base_dtor(class std::ios_base *)" (?_Ios_base_dtor@ios_base@std@@CAXPAV12@@Z) already defined in msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll)
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl std::_Facet_Register(class std::_Facet_base *)" (?_Facet_Register@std@@YAXPAV_Facet_base@1@@Z) already defined in msvcprtd.lib(locale0_implib.obj)
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: static class std::locale::_Locimp * __cdecl std::locale::_Getgloballocale(void)" (?_Getgloballocale@locale@std@@CAPAV_Locimp@12@XZ) already defined in msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll)
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: static class std::locale::_Locimp * __cdecl std::locale::_Init(bool)" (?_Init@locale@std@@CAPAV_Locimp@12@_N@Z) already defined in msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll)
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_ctor(class std::_Locinfo *,char const *)" (?_Locinfo_ctor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@PBD@Z) already defined in msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll)
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_dtor(class std::_Locinfo *)" (?_Locinfo_dtor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPAV12@@Z) already defined in msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll)
1>libcpmtd.lib(iosptrs.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>libcpmtd.lib(xlock.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>libcpmtd.lib(xlock.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::_Lockit::_Lockit(int)" (??0_Lockit@std@@QAE@H@Z) already defined in msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll)
1>libcpmtd.lib(xlock.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::_Lockit::~_Lockit(void)" (??1_Lockit@std@@QAE@XZ) already defined in msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll)
1>libcpmtd.lib(xthrow.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>libcpmtd.lib(xthrow.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl std::_Xbad_alloc(void)" (?_Xbad_alloc@std@@YAXXZ) already defined in msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll)
1>libcpmtd.lib(xthrow.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl std::_Xlength_error(char const *)" (?_Xlength_error@std@@YAXPBD@Z) already defined in msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll)
1>libcpmtd.lib(xthrow.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl std::_Xout_of_range(char const *)" (?_Xout_of_range@std@@YAXPBD@Z) already defined in msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll)
1>libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int,struct std::_DebugHeapTag_t const &,char *,int)" (??2@YAPAXIABU_DebugHeapTag_t@std@@PADH@Z) already defined in msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll)
1>libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator delete(void *,struct std::_DebugHeapTag_t const &,char *,int)" (??3@YAXPAXABU_DebugHeapTag_t@std@@PADH@Z) already defined in msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll)
1>libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : error LNK2005: "struct std::_DebugHeapTag_t const & __cdecl std::_DebugHeapTag_func(void)" (?_DebugHeapTag_func@std@@YAABU_DebugHeapTag_t@1@XZ) already defined in msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll)
1>libcpmtd.lib(wlocale.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>libcpmtd.lib(xlocale.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>libcpmtd.lib(xdateord.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>LIBCMTD.lib(dbgheap.obj) : error LNK2005: __CrtSetCheckCount already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(dbgheap.obj) : error LNK2005: __calloc_dbg already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(dbgheap.obj) : error LNK2005: __free_dbg already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(stdexcpt.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::bad_cast::bad_cast(class std::bad_cast const &)" (??0bad_cast@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z) already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(stdexcpt.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::bad_cast::bad_cast(char const *)" (??0bad_cast@std@@QAE@PBD@Z) already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(stdexcpt.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::exception::exception(char const * const &)" (??0exception@std@@QAE@ABQBD@Z) already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(stdexcpt.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::exception::exception(class std::exception const &)" (??0exception@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z) already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(stdexcpt.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual __thiscall std::bad_cast::~bad_cast(void)" (??1bad_cast@std@@UAE@XZ) already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(stdexcpt.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual __thiscall std::exception::~exception(void)" (??1exception@std@@UAE@XZ) already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(stdexcpt.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual char const * __thiscall std::exception::what(void)const " (?what@exception@std@@UBEPBDXZ) already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2005: __invoke_watson already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(dbghook.obj) : error LNK2005: __crt_debugger_hook already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(wsetloca.obj) : error LNK2005: __configthreadlocale already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __amsg_exit already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __cexit already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __exit already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __initterm_e already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: _exit already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(mlock.obj) : error LNK2005: __lock already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(mlock.obj) : error LNK2005: __unlock already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(winapisupp.obj) : error LNK2005: ___crtSetUnhandledExceptionFilter already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(winapisupp.obj) : error LNK2005: ___crtTerminateProcess already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(winapisupp.obj) : error LNK2005: ___crtUnhandledException already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(winxfltr.obj) : error LNK2005: __XcptFilter already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(errmode.obj) : error LNK2005: ___set_app_type already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(hooks.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl terminate(void)" (?terminate@@YAXXZ) already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: ___xi_a already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: ___xi_z already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: ___xc_a already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: ___xc_z already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(dbgrptw.obj) : error LNK2005: __CrtDbgReportW already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LIBCMTD.lib(_file.obj) : error LNK2005: ___iob_func already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>sfml-network-s-d.lib(Ftp.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-network-s-d.lib(Socket.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-network-s-d.lib(TcpSocket.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-network-s-d.lib(IpAddress.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-network-s-d.lib(SocketImpl.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-network-s-d.lib(Packet.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-network-s-d.lib(Http.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoMode.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoModeImpl.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(GlContext.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImpl.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WglContext.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(JoystickManager.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(JoystickImpl.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-system-s-d.lib(String.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-system-s-d.lib(ThreadLocal.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MTd_StaticDebug' doesn't match value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' in AssemblyInfo.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoModeImpl.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__EnumDisplaySettingsA@12 referenced in function "public: static class std::vector<class sf::VideoMode,class std::allocator<class sf::VideoMode> > __cdecl sf::priv::VideoModeImpl::getFullscreenModes(void)" (?getFullscreenModes@VideoModeImpl@priv@sf@@SA?AV?$vector@VVideoMode@sf@@V?$allocator@VVideoMode@sf@@@std@@@std@@XZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WglContext.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CreateWindowExA@48 referenced in function "public: __thiscall sf::priv::WglContext::WglContext(class sf::priv::WglContext *)" (??0WglContext@priv@sf@@QAE@PAV012@@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__CreateWindowExA@48
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WglContext.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DestroyWindow@4 referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall sf::priv::WglContext::~WglContext(void)" (??1WglContext@priv@sf@@UAE@XZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__DestroyWindow@4
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WglContext.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ShowWindow@8 referenced in function "public: __thiscall sf::priv::WglContext::WglContext(class sf::priv::WglContext *)" (??0WglContext@priv@sf@@QAE@PAV012@@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__ShowWindow@8
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WglContext.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetDC@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall sf::priv::WglContext::WglContext(class sf::priv::WglContext *)" (??0WglContext@priv@sf@@QAE@PAV012@@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetDC@4
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WglContext.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ReleaseDC@8 referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall sf::priv::WglContext::~WglContext(void)" (??1WglContext@priv@sf@@UAE@XZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__ReleaseDC@8
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__TrackMouseEvent@4 referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::processEvent(unsigned int,unsigned int,long)" (?processEvent@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@AAEXIIJ@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__TranslateMessage@4 referenced in function "protected: virtual void __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::processEvents(void)" (?processEvents@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@MAEXXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DispatchMessageA@4 referenced in function "protected: virtual void __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::processEvents(void)" (?processEvents@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@MAEXXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__PeekMessageA@20 referenced in function "protected: virtual void __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::processEvents(void)" (?processEvents@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@MAEXXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SendMessageA@16 referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::setIcon(unsigned int,unsigned int,unsigned char const *)" (?setIcon@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@UAEXIIPBE@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DefWindowProcA@16 referenced in function "private: static long __stdcall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::globalOnEvent(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)" (?globalOnEvent@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@CGJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DefWindowProcW@16 referenced in function "private: static long __stdcall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::globalOnEvent(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)" (?globalOnEvent@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@CGJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CallWindowProcA@20 referenced in function "private: static long __stdcall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::globalOnEvent(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)" (?globalOnEvent@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@CGJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegisterClassA@4 referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::registerWindowClass(void)" (?registerWindowClass@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@AAEXXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegisterClassW@4 referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::registerWindowClass(void)" (?registerWindowClass@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@AAEXXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__UnregisterClassA@8 referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::~WindowImplWin32(void)" (??1WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@UAE@XZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__UnregisterClassW@8 referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::~WindowImplWin32(void)" (??1WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@UAE@XZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CreateWindowExW@48 referenced in function "public: __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::WindowImplWin32(class sf::VideoMode,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,unsigned int)" (??0WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@QAE@VVideoMode@2@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@I@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetWindowPos@28 referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::setPosition(class sf::Vector2<int> const &)" (?setPosition@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@UAEXABV?$Vector2@H@3@@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetAsyncKeyState@4 referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::processEvent(unsigned int,unsigned int,long)" (?processEvent@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@AAEXIIJ@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__MapVirtualKeyA@8 referenced in function "private: static enum sf::Keyboard::Key __cdecl sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::virtualKeyCodeToSF(unsigned int,long)" (?virtualKeyCodeToSF@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@CA?AW4Key@Keyboard@3@IJ@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetWindowTextA@8 referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::setTitle(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (?setTitle@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@UAEXABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetClientRect@8 referenced in function "public: virtual class sf::Vector2<unsigned int> __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::getSize(void)const " (?getSize@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@UBE?AV?$Vector2@I@3@XZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetWindowRect@8 referenced in function "public: virtual class sf::Vector2<int> __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::getPosition(void)const " (?getPosition@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@UBE?AV?$Vector2@H@3@XZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__AdjustWindowRect@12 referenced in function "public: __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::WindowImplWin32(class sf::VideoMode,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,unsigned int)" (??0WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@QAE@VVideoMode@2@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@I@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetCursor@4 referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::setMouseCursorVisible(bool)" (?setMouseCursorVisible@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@UAEX_N@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ScreenToClient@8 referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::processEvent(unsigned int,unsigned int,long)" (?processEvent@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@AAEXIIJ@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetWindowLongA@8 referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::setSize(class sf::Vector2<unsigned int> const &)" (?setSize@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@UAEXABV?$Vector2@I@3@@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetWindowLongA@12 referenced in function "public: __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::WindowImplWin32(struct HWND__ *)" (??0WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@QAE@PAUHWND__@@@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__LoadCursorA@8 referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::setMouseCursorVisible(bool)" (?setMouseCursorVisible@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@UAEX_N@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CreateIcon@28 referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::setIcon(unsigned int,unsigned int,unsigned char const *)" (?setIcon@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@UAEXIIPBE@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DestroyIcon@4 referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::~WindowImplWin32(void)" (??1WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@UAE@XZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ChangeDisplaySettingsA@8 referenced in function "private: void __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::switchToFullscreen(class sf::VideoMode const &)" (?switchToFullscreen@WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@AAEXABVVideoMode@3@@Z)
1>C:\Users\Travis\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\Genesis\Debug\Genesis.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 34 unresolved externals
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Why am I always forced to use the dynamic libraries?

So I figured out how to compile the debug dynamic libraries, but I still get the same missing .dll error as earlier. :/

Could this be a unexpected specific Windows 8 issue?

I've tried installing "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x64 and x86" still no go.

So I can confirm that my computer DOES have the "msvcr100.dll" but not a "msvcr100d.dll" So I'm guessing release mode will work, but I still need the debug .dll. -_-

Everywhere I look, people say I should statically link and use "/MTd & /MT" instead of "/MD" But when I do that, then it complains that /MT and /clr are incompatible.

And then, if I do remove the /clr I get

>------ Build started: Project: Genesis, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  stdafx.cpp
1>  AssemblyInfo.cpp
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(3): error C2871: 'System' : a namespace with this name does not exist
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(4): error C2653: 'System' : is not a class or namespace name
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(4): error C2871: 'Reflection' : a namespace with this name does not exist
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(5): error C2653: 'System' : is not a class or namespace name
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(5): error C2871: 'CompilerServices' : a namespace with this name does not exist
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(6): error C2653: 'System' : is not a class or namespace name
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(6): error C2871: 'InteropServices' : a namespace with this name does not exist
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(7): error C2653: 'System' : is not a class or namespace name
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(7): error C2871: 'Permissions' : a namespace with this name does not exist
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(14): error C2337: 'AssemblyTitleAttribute' : attribute not found
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(15): error C2337: 'AssemblyDescriptionAttribute' : attribute not found
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(16): error C2337: 'AssemblyConfigurationAttribute' : attribute not found
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(17): error C2337: 'AssemblyCompanyAttribute' : attribute not found
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(18): error C2337: 'AssemblyProductAttribute' : attribute not found
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(19): error C2337: 'AssemblyCopyrightAttribute' : attribute not found
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(20): error C2337: 'AssemblyTrademarkAttribute' : attribute not found
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(21): error C2337: 'AssemblyCultureAttribute' : attribute not found
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(34): error C2337: 'AssemblyVersionAttribute' : attribute not found
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(36): error C2337: 'ComVisible' : attribute not found
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(38): error C2337: 'CLSCompliantAttribute' : attribute not found
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(40): error C2337: 'SecurityPermission' : attribute not found
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(40): error C2653: 'SecurityAction' : is not a class or namespace name
1>AssemblyInfo.cpp(40): error C2065: 'RequestMinimum' : undeclared identifier
1>          missing quotes ("") around 'RequestMinimum'?
1>  ConsoleUtils.cpp
1>  Genesis.cpp
1>  Generating Code...

So yea. I have no where to go at this point, and no idea of what to do.

I'm going to re make my VS11 project in attempt to fix this.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 05:25:17 pm by Flash619 »

Flash619

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 05:40:52 pm »
WOOT. I got it to work! :D

I made a new project, set it to a win32 console app, changed the MD to MTd for debugging, and re compiled a fresh SFML2 for it.

Now my only question is. How to I compile a working static version of SFML with CMake? I mean like... I don't know what options to all set. I made it with shared libs as false, and statc STD libs as true, but it still requires the .dll files next to the app. Any ideas?

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 05:52:59 pm »
Now my only question is. How to I compile a working static version of SFML with CMake? I mean like... I don't know what options to all set. I made it with shared libs as false, and statc STD libs as true, but it still requires the .dll files next to the app. Any ideas?
Which dll files are you talking about?
If you want to use the audio module you'll always have to provide the OpenAL and libsnd dlls, otherwise you'll have to do adapt SFML even more.
If you mean the SFML dlls, then no they aren't required anymore after building SFML statically. If the application still complains then you've setup something wrong.
——————————————————————

Flash619

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 05:57:39 pm »
Which dll files are you talking about?
If you want to use the audio module you'll always have to provide the OpenAL and libsnd dlls, otherwise you'll have to do adapt SFML even more.
If you mean the SFML dlls, then no they aren't required anymore after building SFML statically. If the application still complains then you've setup something wrong.

Well the application still complains. Did I properly build it statically with cmake tho?

If I did, I'm a little confused because when I built SFML it made "-d" files and not "-s-d" files.

Is that correct? I thought if they didn't have the -s that they were dynamic.

So after playing with settings, I left BUILD_SHARED_LIBS and SFML_USE_STATIC_STD_LIBS both un checked and got the -s-d that way.

But now when compiling "after changing my settings to use the -s-d and putting SFML_STATIC;" in my preproccessor I get the following on build:

1>------ Build started: Project: Genesis, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  Genesis.cpp
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoMode.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' doesn't match value 'MTd_StaticDebug' in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' doesn't match value 'MTd_StaticDebug' in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoModeImpl.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' doesn't match value 'MTd_StaticDebug' in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(GlContext.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' doesn't match value 'MTd_StaticDebug' in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImpl.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' doesn't match value 'MTd_StaticDebug' in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WglContext.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' doesn't match value 'MTd_StaticDebug' in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(JoystickManager.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' doesn't match value 'MTd_StaticDebug' in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' doesn't match value 'MTd_StaticDebug' in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(JoystickImpl.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' doesn't match value 'MTd_StaticDebug' in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::_Lockit::_Lockit(int)" (??0_Lockit@std@@QAE@H@Z) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(xlock.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::_Lockit::~_Lockit(void)" (??1_Lockit@std@@QAE@XZ) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(xlock.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl std::_Debug_message(wchar_t const *,wchar_t const *,unsigned int)" (?_Debug_message@std@@YAXPB_W0I@Z) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(stdthrow.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::_Container_base12::_Container_base12(void)" (??0_Container_base12@std@@QAE@XZ) already defined in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::_Container_base12::~_Container_base12(void)" (??1_Container_base12@std@@QAE@XZ) already defined in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: void __thiscall std::_Container_base12::_Orphan_all(void)" (?_Orphan_all@_Container_base12@std@@QAEXXZ) already defined in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl std::_Xbad_alloc(void)" (?_Xbad_alloc@std@@YAXXZ) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(xthrow.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl std::_Xlength_error(char const *)" (?_Xlength_error@std@@YAXPBD@Z) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(xthrow.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "bool __cdecl std::uncaught_exception(void)" (?uncaught_exception@std@@YA_NXZ) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(uncaught.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl std::_Xout_of_range(char const *)" (?_Xout_of_range@std@@YAXPBD@Z) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(xthrow.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::locale::id::id(unsigned int)" (??0id@locale@std@@QAE@I@Z) already defined in stdafx.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "char const * __cdecl std::_Syserror_map(int)" (?_Syserror_map@std@@YAPBDH@Z) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(syserror.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "char const * __cdecl std::_Winerror_map(int)" (?_Winerror_map@std@@YAPBDH@Z) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(syserror.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: bool __thiscall std::ios_base::good(void)const " (?good@ios_base@std@@QBE_NXZ) already defined in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: int __thiscall std::ios_base::flags(void)const " (?flags@ios_base@std@@QBEHXZ) already defined in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __int64 __thiscall std::ios_base::width(void)const " (?width@ios_base@std@@QBE_JXZ) already defined in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __int64 __thiscall std::ios_base::width(__int64)" (?width@ios_base@std@@QAE_J_J@Z) already defined in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: int __thiscall std::basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::sputc(char)" (?sputc@?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAEHD@Z) already defined in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __int64 __thiscall std::basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::sputn(char const *,__int64)" (?sputn@?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAE_JPBD_J@Z) already defined in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: void __thiscall std::basic_ios<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::setstate(int,bool)" (?setstate@?$basic_ios@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAEXH_N@Z) already defined in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > * __thiscall std::basic_ios<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::tie(void)const " (?tie@?$basic_ios@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QBEPAV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@2@XZ) already defined in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: class std::basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > * __thiscall std::basic_ios<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::rdbuf(void)const " (?rdbuf@?$basic_ios@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QBEPAV?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@2@XZ) already defined in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: char __thiscall std::basic_ios<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::fill(void)const " (?fill@?$basic_ios@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QBEDXZ) already defined in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: void __thiscall std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::_Osfx(void)" (?_Osfx@?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAEXXZ) already defined in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & __thiscall std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & (__cdecl*)(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &))" (??6?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAEAAV01@P6AAAV01@AAV01@@Z@Z) already defined in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & __thiscall std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::flush(void)" (?flush@?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAEAAV12@XZ) already defined in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & __cdecl std::endl(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &)" (?endl@std@@YAAAV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@1@AAV21@@Z) already defined in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll) : error LNK2005: __invalid_parameter already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj)
1>MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll) : error LNK2005: __CrtDbgReportW already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(dbgrptw.obj)
1>MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll) : error LNK2005: _memmove already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(memmove.obj)
1>MSVCRTD.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: __thiscall type_info::type_info(class type_info const &)" (??0type_info@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(typinfo.obj)
1>MSVCRTD.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: class type_info & __thiscall type_info::operator=(class type_info const &)" (??4type_info@@AAEAAV0@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(typinfo.obj)
1>sfml-system-s-d.lib(Err.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' doesn't match value 'MTd_StaticDebug' in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>sfml-system-s-d.lib(ThreadLocal.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MDd_DynamicDebug' doesn't match value 'MTd_StaticDebug' in ConsoleUtils.obj
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "protected: __thiscall std::basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >(void)" (??0?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@IAE@XZ) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(cout.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual __thiscall std::basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::~basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >(void)" (??1?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@UAE@XZ) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(cout.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "protected: char * __thiscall std::basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::pptr(void)const " (?pptr@?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@IBEPADXZ) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(cout.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "protected: char * __thiscall std::basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::epptr(void)const " (?epptr@?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@IBEPADXZ) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(cout.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "protected: void __thiscall std::basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::setp(char *,char *)" (?setp@?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@IAEXPAD0@Z) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(cout.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >(class std::basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > *,bool)" (??0?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAE@PAV?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@1@_N@Z) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(cout.obj)
1>msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP110D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: void __thiscall std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::`vbase destructor'(void)" (??_D?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAEXXZ) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(cout.obj)
1>MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll) : error LNK2005: ___iob_func already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(_file.obj)
1>MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll) : error LNK2005: _fwrite already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(fwrite.obj)
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>c:\users\travis\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\Genesis\Debug\Genesis.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

I have no idea what this means.

So I got it working, my final settings were:

BUILD_SHARED_LIBS = FALSE

SFML_USE_STATIC_STD_LIBS = TRUE

Thanks for the help. :D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:09:22 pm by Flash619 »

anything