Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Linking 32bit library on Mac (SFML 2.0RC)  (Read 1112 times)

Cirdan

• View Profile
Linking 32bit library on Mac (SFML 2.0RC)
« on: October 31, 2012, 07:31:40 pm »
I'm working on porting my code over to Mac, and have run into an issue with linking libraries. One of the libraries I'm using (Awesomium) has only been compiled to 32bit library. Because of that, I need to go down to 32bit executable. When trying to link SFML with gcc4.8 set to 32bit, I get this error:
Code: [Select]
In file included from /opt/local/include/gcc48/c++/random:50:0,
                 from /opt/local/include/gcc48/c++/bits/stl_algo.h:67,
                 from /opt/local/include/gcc48/c++/algorithm:63,
                 from /Library/Frameworks/SFML.framework/Headers/System/Utf.hpp:32,
                 from /Library/Frameworks/SFML.framework/Headers/System.hpp:43,
                 from /Library/Frameworks/SFML.framework/Headers/Window.hpp:32,
                 from /Users/ryan/projects/ArchaicEngine/ArchaicEngine/includes/ArchaicEngine/Graphics/RenderWindow.h:4,
                 from /Users/ryan/projects/ArchaicEngine/ArchaicEngine/src/Graphics/RenderWindow.cpp:1:
/opt/local/include/gcc48/c++/bits/random.h:106:26: error: expected unqualified-id before '__int128'
       { typedef unsigned __int128 type; };

I'm assuming this is because the version of SFML it's linking to is the 64bit version. Is there a way I can specifically link to the 32bit library?

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Linking 32bit library on Mac (SFML 2.0RC)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 10:00:32 pm »
/opt/local/include/gcc48/c++/bits/random.h:106:26: error: expected unqualified-id before '__int128'

I doubt it's related to SFML being build as universal binary.. What happens when you use other compiler, like the official clang ?

If you want to recompile SFML with only 32 bits support, follow the cmake tutorial and play with CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES variable.
SFML / OS X developer

anything