Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Possible to create an extension  (Read 5461 times)

Groogy

• MSN Messenger - groogy@groogy.se
    • View Profile
    • http://www.groogy.se
    • Email
Possible to create an extension
« on: November 03, 2012, 02:31:36 pm »
Hi!

I'm just wondering for future of my rendering pipeline I will need to write to multiple framebuffers in one shader and have HDR formats. I'm more or less porting my rendering pipeline from my ruby project to Java and I had created an "extension" where these were supported in Ruby. I'm wondering if there's any simple way to do that in Java? I'm thinking I create a new library called, sfml-extension with these stuff, exactly what would I need to do and would it work pain free together with the Java objects of SFML if I myself created the Java interface?
Developer and Maker of rbSFML and Programmer at Paradox Development Studio

pdinklag

• JSFML Developer
    • View Profile
    • JSFML Website
Re: Possible to create an extension
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 06:27:44 am »
You might be able to do it using JSFML / JOGL if you got that running, but if you want to port your C / C++ code, you will have to go the same painful way that I go and link dynamic libs for each system. ;)

Does the term "extension" refer to something special? Are you writing an OpenGL extension? Or are you just planning to add additional classes? In the latter case, just create your own package (preferably following the package naming standards), and create a build target that puts your package into a JAR file. From that point on, you can distribute and use that package in any other project much like JSFML.
JSFML - The Java binding to SFML.

Groogy

• MSN Messenger - groogy@groogy.se
    • View Profile
    • http://www.groogy.se
    • Email
Re: Possible to create an extension
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 12:07:03 pm »
Actually you made me realize something, I should just use JOGL to achieve this instead of just straight of port my Ruby code. Thanks anyway :)
Developer and Maker of rbSFML and Programmer at Paradox Development Studio