Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Program freezes on mouse movement, found fix, don't know how to implement it  (Read 1541 times)

Symphonym

• View Profile
So I found an answer to my previous question on how to properly use sf::Views, altough now suddenly, not sure exactly when this problem occured. But as long as I'm moving my mouse around my SFML program completely freezes. I googled my way to http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=6079.0 where the solution is to :

"comment the call to ProcessJoystickEvents in src/SFML/Window/Window.cpp"

Altough I don't know where or how I find the Window.cpp file, so my question is simply this: How do I locate that file? I'm using Visual C++ Studio 2010, so is it a file I need to look for within Visual Studio or do I need to go around different directories to find it?

Any help is appreciated :/

EDIT: Alright, so I haven't had this problem with my other projects before which are much smaller than this project. But now all of a sudden all of my SFML projects freeze on mouse movement so I really believe it's the same problem as the one in the thread I linked.
And also, I'm using the Static library.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:50:20 pm by Symphonym »

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
The fix must be made in SFML source code. But it's already done in the latest sources, you just have to download them and recompile SFML.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Symphonym

• View Profile
I have now recompiled my test project with the latest build of SFML and so far it's not freezing on mouse movement. Altough what I have noticed is that the sf::Font::getDefaultFont() method no longer exists, and sf::Text no longer has a default font set, so I have to set a font on every sf::Text object I have. At the moment, it's simply making all my text disappear. So I'm just wondering if I've messed something up with my compiling of SFML, if not, does this mean I'll have to keep all my fonts at the project directory, as I do with my images at the moment?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer