Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML2 on MAC: Getting a lot of "warning: Could not find object file" errors.  (Read 2217 times)

ztx_ryan

• View Profile
After having worked on project for a while with no major problems, it now suddenly crashes when build, and prints out this list of errors in the console:

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jaricom.o)" - no debug information available for "jaricom.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jcapimin.o)" - no debug information available for "jcapimin.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jcapistd.o)" - no debug information available for "jcapistd.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jcarith.o)" - no debug information available for "jcarith.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jccoefct.o)" - no debug information available for "jccoefct.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jccolor.o)" - no debug information available for "jccolor.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jcdctmgr.o)" - no debug information available for "jcdctmgr.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jchuff.o)" - no debug information available for "jchuff.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jcinit.o)" - no debug information available for "jcinit.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jcmainct.o)" - no debug information available for "jcmainct.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jcmarker.o)" - no debug information available for "jcmarker.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jcmaster.o)" - no debug information available for "jcmaster.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jcomapi.o)" - no debug information available for "jcomapi.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jcparam.o)" - no debug information available for "jcparam.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jcprepct.o)" - no debug information available for "jcprepct.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jcsample.o)" - no debug information available for "jcsample.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jdatadst.o)" - no debug information available for "jdatadst.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jerror.o)" - no debug information available for "jerror.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jfdctflt.o)" - no debug information available for "jfdctflt.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jfdctfst.o)" - no debug information available for "jfdctfst.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jfdctint.o)" - no debug information available for "jfdctint.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jutils.o)" - no debug information available for "jutils.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jmemmgr.o)" - no debug information available for "jmemmgr.c".

warning: Could not find object file "/Users/marcoantognini/Prog/Cpp/Lib/SFML/sfml_git/extlibs/libs-osx/lib/libjpeg.a(jmemnobs.o)" - no debug information available for "jmemnobs.c".

I am pretty lost in my search for the cause of this error. I have not made any changes, that I have not tried to undo, but I cannot get my program to run. Does anyone know what could cause this to happen, or in what direction I should look for a solution?

Any help is much appreciated :)

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
I need more information to understand this behaviour.

What version of SFML are you using ? If you compiled it yourself, what option did you use ? Which version of the OS and what computer model do you have ?

Those warnings should not be important and I suspect the error is not related. You say you cannot run your app. Why ? Does it crash ?
SFML / OS X developer

ztx_ryan

• View Profile
Thank you very much for replying Hiura :)

You could very well be right that this error is unrelated to the app not running anymore. What happens is that it draws the first frame, and then crashes with a SIGTERM message here:

0x00007fff90b27bca  <+0010>  jae    0x7fff90b27bd1 <__psynch_cvwait+17>

and also next to the poll event in my game loop -I dont know if that is telling anything.

And then it prints those errors to the console I posted earlier. Sorry if I was pointing in the wrong direction in the first post, I just thought those errors where the ones to look for.

I have tried to make a new project in xcode and copied all the files over, and the new app ran nicely the first couple of builds, but now does the same thing.

I did not compile SFML myself, I downloaded the precompiled 2.0 version maybe half a year ago. Is there anywhere to look for a more specifik version number of the SFML I am using? I'm on a 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 MacBook running 10.7.5.

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
no idea.. what does the debugger say ? (stacktrace and so on)

do you have a minimal code that reproduce the error ?
SFML / OS X developer

anything