Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Kroniax available in the Play store!  (Read 85624 times)

Geheim

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kroniax available in the Play store!
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2014, 12:37:05 am »
Awesome game so far, well done! Everything works just fine and it feels great :D Can't wait to see more games on the play store in the future. ;)

Also looking forward to your update, maybe add some more challenging levels, too?
Failing to succeed does not mean failing to progress!

AlexAUT

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2014, 01:21:35 am »
Thanks!

Also looking forward to your update, maybe add some more challenging levels, too?

Yes 2 of them are really challenging  ;)

I will also restructure the menu.
After the update there will be 2game modes,
  • Campaign, where you start at level1 and unlock one by another, every 4 levels you get a free skip (so you won't get stuck in one level). Not quite sure but maybe you will be able to skip a level if you crash 50times
  • Arcade Mode, There are three different categories (easy, medium, hard), each categories will contain 5 to 10 levels, you have to play them until you crash. (in the future there will be an online highscore, at the moment there is only a local highscore)

I hope especially the arcade mode will motivate people to play even if they already completed every level

AlexAUT

Geheim

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2014, 01:53:22 am »
Sounds great to me. It definitely will be interesting ;)

Cirrus Minor

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2014, 08:16:44 am »
I've tried it, I really like the minimalist art, the gameplay and the level design.
Very good job, Alex !

AlexAUT

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2014, 08:42:32 am »
I've tried it, I really like the minimalist art

I'm currently thinking about a starmap in the background, because some players reported that the black background is boring after a while :)

Very good job, Alex !

Thanks ;) Glad you like it

AlexAUT

amhndu

• Err, err and err again, but less, less and less
    • View Profile
    • amhndu.github.io
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2014, 05:35:58 pm »
I couldn't play , the buttons doesn't work when I touch them , they show a glow outline and that's all.Still +1'd though and rated 5.:)

Strelok

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2014, 06:02:07 pm »
 Entertaining. I've felt some micro stuttering every once in a while, though it may be due to something else. Great job :D

Jesper Juhl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2014, 07:12:46 pm »
I'm currently thinking about a starmap in the background, because some players reported that the black background is boring after a while :)
Might be nice. But I'd advice to keep it pretty "low key" so it doesn't' get distracting/annoying. The current black background let's you focus on the obstacles whick is the main point of the game. IMHO you don't want to distract the player too much from that. But, if the star background was toned down a lot and something you can visually ignore when you need to, then I guess it could work - just don't make it too prominent, please :)

Personally I'd much rather have some cool sound effects when hitting those environment changing vertical lines, checkpoints, walls etc.

Another idea would be to add some "pickups" like "double speed" or whatnot - like, you can pick it up and get a super time on the level but it'll be fast/difficult as hell or you can try to stear clear of it if you can't handle it.

Ohh and maybe you should make it so that when a player restarts from a checkpoint they restart from some fixed "known good" position. I've gotten stuck in a "perpetual death loop" quite a few times because where I hit the checkpoint caused me to restart from a position where it was impossible not to die instantly - that's rather annoying.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 07:15:11 pm by Jesper Juhl »

AlexAUT

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2014, 09:00:42 pm »
just don't make it too prominent, please :)

I deleted this idea from my whiteboard after the first tests  :)

Personally I'd much rather have some cool sound effects when hitting those environment changing vertical lines, checkpoints, walls etc.

I'm already searching the web.

Another idea would be to add some "pickups" like "double speed" or whatnot - like, you can pick it up and get a super time on the level but it'll be fast/difficult as hell or you can try to stear clear of it if you can't handle it.

There will be a Challenge Mode where the game gets every 10seconds 2.5% faster (faster = faster ship but also  stronger gravity, so the level will still be possible but the time to react will be shorter and shorter). When you crash into a wall you can upload your time into an online Highscore. This gamemode should motivate people to play the game after they finished every level in the arcade mode.

Ohh and maybe you should make it so that when a player restarts from a checkpoint they restart from some fixed "known good" position.

Yeah, I know this issue and I'm looking for a fix. Maybe after the restart your Y-Velocity will be 0, this would fix many cases I guess.

AlexAUT

AlexAUT

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2014, 09:20:01 pm »
Kroniax 1.1 available in the Playstore!

Patchnotes:
  • Now you have to unlock new levels  ;)
  • Changed the order of the levels to match their difficulty
  • Added two new levels (10/12)
  • Checkpoints will now work when you fly backwards
  • Removed level9 (Where you had to fly vertical up and down)
  • Now the app shouldn't crash every time you reopen it
  • The Back button is working in the menu

AlexAUT

Geheim

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2014, 10:27:58 pm »
Great update! Looking forward to the challenge mode though :)

Some things I found:
    Checkpoints will now work when you fly backwards
    It seems that the "collision" with the line doesn't take the same width than when flying normal
    Removed level9 (Where you had to fly vertical up and down)
    Why? I actually liked that feature :D
    Now the app shouldn't crash every time you reopen it
    If I close the game and then open it again, without closing the process before, I always get a gray background. Also sometimes the game freezes when completing a level, then you jigger around and the time flickers, kinda funny :D
  • The music doesn't change, if you run through the game without going into the menu again :/
  • In level 13 you can actually fly off the level, if you time it correctly  :P
  • Level 14...
    (click to show/hide)

AlexAUT

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2014, 11:15:31 pm »
Thanks for your feedback!

• Checkpoints are fixed in the next update, forgot to remove a comment...
  • Level9 didn't work anymore because I changed how the scripts are working. However maybe I will add it again in the future
  • Hmm I never had that flickering issue when you load a new level, is it just sometimes or can you reproduce it?
  • Hmm on my device I fixed the bug when you reopen the app... I guess I have to have a closer look at the eventhandling
  • The music will be fixed in the next update
  • Level13, I know but I don't want to make an invisible wall, so have fun flying off the level  :D
  • Level14... It's only available because I removed the old level9 and forgot to update the levellist

AlexAUT

amhndu

• Err, err and err again, but less, less and less
    • View Profile
    • amhndu.github.io
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2014, 11:59:49 am »
I couldn't play , the buttons doesn't work when I touch them , they show a glow outline and that's all.
I think you missed that , I was unable to play it , when I launch it , I can see the title-screen/menu with the Background music but when I touch any of those buttons nothing happens ,  sometimes there's these buttons show a 'glow' effect but nothing else from there

I can't think of other details to help.

AlexAUT

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2014, 09:12:00 pm »
I think you missed that

Sorry  :o

Yeah Grimshaw reported that bug too. I guess it's related to SFML because no sf::Event::TouchEnded is triggered. The sad thing is that this bug doesn't occur on any of my devices... So I can't really search the error.

Maybe with the new update (should be visible in the next hour, it's already uploaded) this is fixed like all the other crash/freeze bug)

And thanks for you rating  ;D

AlexAUT

zmertens

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2014, 06:58:30 am »
I have Android 2.3.4 and nothing happens when I try to launch on my device. I was also wondering what Kroniax is a reference too (if there is one  :D)? The YouTube vid looks cool, nice music.
The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.