Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Hi Everyone!  (Read 1924 times)

Gobbles

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Everyone!
« on: March 16, 2013, 08:19:39 pm »
Hi everyone! Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I have been using SFML off and on for a few years now and recently I decided to transfer my game over from XNA to SFML. I am still ramping up on 2.0, I used 1.6 in the past so ramping up on all the upgrades and changes while trying to do the transfer has been an interesting experience thus far. I have been really enjoying the simplicity and ease of use the library provides (hence the name I guess  ;) ) and look forward to delving even deeper into what SFML has to offer. Once I make some headway on my game I will be sure to throw up some screens and hopefully a demo over in the projects section as l'd love to see some feedback from the community.

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
Re: Hi Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 09:08:53 pm »
Hello and welcome to the SFML forum! :)

Just an idea and maybe it's already too late, but it could be interesting to read some blog posts on how you went from XNA to SFML, what you learned and what problems your ran into on the way. ;)
What is/will your game (be) about?
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

Gobbles

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hi Everyone!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 02:52:29 am »
That actually sounds like a great idea, I've only just begun the transfer so I will keep that in mind as I go. It might even allow some of you guys to add input to better suggestions,

The game itself is named Re:Volved, an evolution game that draws inspiration from titles like E.V.O the search for Eden, Spore, Act Raiser, Castlevania and other great titles growing up over the years.

The main story of the game revolves around a cell who gains consciousness and begins to wonder just what life is about (Think the beginning of spore with a touch of binding of Isaac shooter style). As you continue you will eventually venture to land, where the game turns into a platformer, and this is where the bread and butter of the game is. Being an evolution game, the player is able to evolve different body parts (Head, Body, Arms, Legs and Back) that will grant him different combat abilities and skills.

Combat in the game is fast paced and combo oriented, the aim is to allow the player to build a character whose attacks and abilities suit their needs. There is also more to the game which is still being fleshed out, it involves the player building an army and engaging in mass combat, however I will release more info on this as it gets developed.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask, as soon as I have more to show I will definitely head over to the appropriate thread and showcase some stuff.

anything