Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [UNRESOLVED] [GAVE UP] SFML 2.0 Freetype issues  (Read 2564 times)

wademcgillis

• View Profile
[UNRESOLVED] [GAVE UP] SFML 2.0 Freetype issues
« on: April 08, 2013, 07:37:08 pm »
SFML 2.0 RC keeps crashing when I use sf::Mouse::isButtonPressed. I thought updated to a newer version would fix this, but it gave me more issues with sndfile and freetype. I eventually gave up and resorted to using the windowing events. The end.

Hello. My game fails to start up now because freetype is unable to be found, this was using the latest code from github.

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/freetype.framework/Versions/A/freetype
  Referenced from: /Users/USER/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/AstronautEditor-eawjbzqshnxniyhehqmuxzwhpsrr/Build/Products/Release/AstronautEditor.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/sfml-graphics.framework/Versions/2.0.0/sfml-graphics
  Reason: image not found

Yes, I am using the freetype framework that comes with SFML.
otool -L sfml-graphics
sfml-graphics:
   @executable_path/../Frameworks/sfml-graphics.framework/Versions/2.0.0/sfml-graphics (compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 2.0.0)
   @executable_path/../Frameworks/sfml-window.framework/Versions/2.0.0/sfml-window (compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 2.0.0)
   @executable_path/../Frameworks/sfml-system.framework/Versions/2.0.0/sfml-system (compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 2.0.0)
   @executable_path/../Frameworks/freetype.framework/Versions/A/freetype (compatibility version 17.0.0, current version 17.0.0)
   /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
   /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 159.1.0)
   /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation (compatibility version 300.0.0, current version 833.25.0)
   /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit (compatibility version 45.0.0, current version 1138.51.0)
   /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 275.0.0)
   /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon (compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 153.0.0)
   /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 52.0.0)

I have tried using the frameworks built with the Makefile and built in Xcode, to no avail. Yes, the framework is in the copy frameworks build phase.[/s]
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 12:18:25 am by wademcgillis »

massive_potato

• View Profile
Re: [UNRESOLVED] [GAVE UP] SFML 2.0 Freetype issues
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 04:05:31 am »
Have you tried using a precompiled version of SFML? Several versions are available here: http://www.mjbshaw.com/p/sfml-nightly-builds.html for Xcode. You might be able to find one that works. I know from personal experience ( :-[) how frustrating it can be to get started with SFML, but there are tons of resources out there to make getting it up and running pretty easy. Hope this helps! :)

wademcgillis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 04:47:39 am »
I wasn't getting started using it, I was just trying to update to a version newer than the RC so the keyboard & font rendering issues could potentially go away. Since I couldn't get a more recent version to compile, I gave up and made a workaround for the keyboard issue in the RC. Sure, this means whoever bought the game won't get fullscreen anymore, but I don't think anyone really used that.

There's still the font rendering issue though.  :-\

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 04:50:23 pm »
Your project is simply based on the old templates. You have to create a new one with the new template to fix that issue.
SFML / OS X developer