Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Container of animations/gui  (Read 4612 times)

csiz

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - calinutzu92
    • View Profile
    • Email
Container of animations/gui
« on: April 08, 2009, 11:49:22 am »
I have been building a container class that can be easily modified to become a gui. I was inspired a little bit from flash.

http://www.sfml-dev.org/wiki/en/projects/movie_clip

So the container is named MovieClip and can contain other MovieClip s, Animations and their derived classes (Animation is the image that shows on screen). When yourmovieclip.Draw(sf::RenderWindow) is called the movie clip sorts the objects( so they have z ordering), calculates their position and rotation (the whole movieclip can be rotated by modifying one parameter), executes a user defined function (some kind of keyframes), and calls nestedmovie.Draw(...), than goes to the next frame.

It will store data for as many frames as you want, I'm also building an editor that will generate the header file so you can quickly make movie clips with a lot of frames.

The movie clips can be derived to make gui parts. I made a button class with OnPress, OnRelease, OnMouseOver functions.

the library isn't finished yet, I should build some colission detection, a static text field class, a dynamic text field, a box with scroll bars...
I'll be posting this in the wiki. I'm trying to find out how for now :oops:
My new webpage calinmocanu

Groogy

• MSN Messenger - groogy@groogy.se
    • View Profile
    • http://www.groogy.se
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 01:23:34 pm »
I know a name for you:
FlexLikeSFML Library or something like that. (Flex is flash with only ActionScript)

I hope it goes well. I don't like Flash way of handling objects and stuff but others might.
Developer and Maker of rbSFML and Programmer at Paradox Development Studio

csiz

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - calinutzu92
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 05:52:03 pm »
BTW if you any of you want to add some stuff to the gui witch is why I posted that now. Post it here, preferably the actual code.

Well I'll make a name for it when I finish it. I got the names from actionscript and the keyframe thing but the rest were generally something that I needed. Cause now I could make a character a lot simpler than hardcoding the position of every players body parts. Or even making a special class for every kind of character in my game.
My new webpage calinmocanu

anything