Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML & CMake 2.8.11 Usage Requirements  (Read 2058 times)

All8Up

• View Profile
SFML & CMake 2.8.11 Usage Requirements
« on: June 08, 2013, 05:21:06 am »
Curious if you will be rolling out updates to the CMake files to support the new usage requirements features?  If you are not familiar, I recently wrote up a small overview at http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/technical/general-programming/cross-platform-test-driven-development-environment-using-cmake-part-5-r3182, it pretty much negates about 75% of the first four articles but is 'sooooooo' worth the transition effort.  Mostly the transition is removing a bunch of things in favor of the massive simplifications now possible.

Not sure how you feel about putting in a minimum CMake version dependency?  Seems like it should be a no brainer, but there may be reasons to avoid CMake version dependencies I am not aware of.

BTW: Yes, totally willing to help out on this.  Would just need to have an expedited method of getting build questions answered..

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: SFML & CMake 2.8.11 Usage Requirements
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 08:46:16 am »
I've tested this when I switched to Qt5, and yes this is really a significant improvement.

You should create a task in the tracker, so that I can schedule it for a future revision. If we can keep the old setup in parallel to the new one then it can be added soon, in a future minor revision; if we have to break compatibility then it will have to wait for SFML 3.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer