Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Compiler Error MSB6006  (Read 3995 times)

Geheim

• View Profile
    • Email
Compiler Error MSB6006
« on: June 17, 2013, 04:25:54 pm »
Hey guys,
I have a compiler error since some days, but I have the feeling that it now occurs more often and it is really annoying...

Thats the error
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(611,5): error MSB6006: "link.exe" wurde mit dem Code -1073741819 beendet.

I have to compile the project 5 times sometimes, to compile it successfully, which is really annoying.
I use VS 2012 Ultimate, if this is important. I searched a bit and some others have similar problems and they just re-installed the compiler, is this what I have to do too?

Greetings Geheim!
Failing to succeed does not mean failing to progress!

Mario

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
Re: Compiler Error MSB6006
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 05:16:40 pm »
Sounds really odd and more like indeed some bug in the compiler. Have you tried cleaning your project, then recompiling from scratch? If that doesn't help, reinstalling might be your best bet.

Geheim

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 07:36:56 pm »
Both did not help unfortunately :(

Geheim

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 10:03:22 pm »
Wow I tried to build the latest version of SFML today and because of this error it didn't let me compile it...
I repaired it one more time, still no change, then I deinstalled everything again and installed it, still no change. Then I thought, maybe this is caused by the Ultimate version of VS (I know why should it, but it could be...), so I deinstalled again and tried the express version, and guess what, it did not work again.....

A friend then just opened VS as admin, and this really seems to work, I was just --->  >:( :o :(
So if anybody has an error with some sort of MSB, (linker, rc, cmd...), just try to run it as admin, in my case, for whatever reason, it works ...

EDIT: The errors still appears from time to time, really really annoying!!! :///
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:30:43 pm by Geheim »

Zeneus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 08:25:27 am »
Hi :)
I'm glad you found a temporary solution, and shared it with us!
But, did you try to just use another compiler inside VS2012?
This MIGHT help.. If you like, give it a shot :)
Best regards,
~Zeneus

anything