Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [SOLVED]SFML.Net on Windows  (Read 2602 times)

cpolymeris

• View Profile
    • Email
[SOLVED]SFML.Net on Windows
« on: June 30, 2013, 07:00:56 am »
Hello all, here I am with another noob question.
My game prototype is, despite some minor annoyances, working on Mono/Linux, so I decided to check how well it would run on windows, and am stuck with one of the most basic issues: missing dependencies.

As I am using GTK#, which is only available for x86 windows, I am targeting that architecture. I have set the Configuration accordingly:

Then, copied the csfml-*-2.dll, openal32.dll and libsndfile1.dll DLLs present in the SFML.Net installation to the executable's dir (build/Debug & build/Release).

Trying to execute the game, I get the following run time error: DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'csfml-graphics-2': The specified module could not be found. Details: http://pastebin.com/9edTcQMV

I then tried using the csfml libraries downloadable from this website (both x86 and 64 bit versions, just in case), and also tried building SFML.Net myself (which works, btw). Tried putting the DLLs in windows/system32. Then, switched from VS2012 to Xamarin Studio. None of that solves the problem.

I strongly suspect it has something to do with architecture incompabilities, but I don't know what I can do to solve the problem. Any hints?

EDIT: Forgot to say, I deleted the *.dll.config files I was using in Linux.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 07:20:45 am by cpolymeris »

cpolymeris

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: SFML.Net on Windows
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 07:20:33 am »
Nevermind.
VC2012 was not respecting the build path set by Monodevelop, so the .exe was generated somewhere entirely else than I expected. Sorry about the noise.

anything