Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Using SFML with libraries that are part of SFML  (Read 1441 times)

Richy19

• View Profile
Using SFML with libraries that are part of SFML
« on: August 10, 2013, 02:46:50 pm »
I know a while back there could be some problems when using a library (for example GLEW) that is included in SFML along side with SFML if both of these were linked to statically, I just wanted to know what the current state of it is?
Also would it be possible to know what sub-systems of SFML depend on what libraries?
I know the Audio one uses OpenAL and SNDFile, but what about the other subsystems?
My hope is to use SFML only for the window-ing, threading and networking (maybe audio if I ever add it) but I hopefully wont be using the graphics subsystem as I already have some clases that do this for me, however I will be using freetype, and glew as I am on OpenGL and I wanted to know what the rules are regarding this?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: Using SFML with libraries that are part of SFML
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 03:22:28 pm »
sfml-system, sfml-network and sfml-window only rely on OS libraries. So there shouldn't be any problem if you only use these three modules.

sfml-audio links dynamically to its dependencies (OpenAL and libsndfile), so there shouldn't be any problem in case you use it.

sfml-graphics links its dependencies (GLEW, OpenGL, FreeType and libjpeg) statically, so there may be a problem if you link SFML statically.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

anything