Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Looking for a Few Bored People  (Read 4310 times)

Aster

• View Profile
Looking for a Few Bored People
« on: September 04, 2013, 01:27:16 am »
Ladies, Gentlemen, Hello!

I hope I'm not bothering the SFML forum with this post too much, but this is pretty much the only place I wanted to post in.

NOTE: I'm in a weird mood upon posting this, so please read this in an English accent. Thanks.
NOTE 2: I'm seriously not expecting anybody to answer. It's 1 AM or something and I really want to write a Gameboy emulator for some reason.

Let me commence.
I am searching for a few fine fellows to work with me on several splendid projects of various lengths. Most of these projects make use of the wonderful SFML library, and all are written in the magnificent C++. These aforementioned fellows must be serious in their work and motivated to collaborate on a project. Most of these programming journeys shall be made open and free to the public, although not necessary, but encouraged. In order to allow the reader to imagine which magical wonderlands these projects shall board, I will list some of the topics that have entered my mindset;
  • Emulators! Splendid, joyous emulators, of various devices. It would be most enjoyable to start with a Gameboy emulator, to get things spiffy!
  • Games! Yes. All sorts of games. I have many ideas, most of which are too verbose to list here, I may specify later on.
  • Glorious software of all types, I, for one, am interested in all types of development!

If you, the spiffing reader are still interested, let me introduce my very self:
  • I have been developing with C++ for 26 Lunar Phase Cycles (2 years).
  • I have written and aided in the development of a few games. My GitHub.
  • I have been practicing the use of a piano for over 90 Lunar Phase Cycles, and cello for 3 Lunar Phase Cycles. This makes me proficient in the production of music for entertainment purposes.
  • I am always highly contactable and I favor communication and planning over the most lousy do-what-you-want attitude that is the bane of software.
  • I can communicate in both French and English, making speech easier if you are from the other side of SFML. ;)

I shall thus top this post off with "prerequisites" for the fine fellows who shall perhaps be working with me. It shant get a list because they happen to be simple and not to be taken too seriously. Anyways, it would be preferable if you were serious about the project being worked on, and did not leave a few weeks former to starting. It would also be preferable if you happened to be Human.

And so, that finished off my wonderful request. I wish you all a great day.
Aster

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:33:42 am by Aster »

Kojay

• View Profile
Re: Looking for a Few Bored People
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 02:39:28 am »
If you get a bunch of people all wishing to do some project, how do you decide what and who does what? It already sounds like a nightmare. Plus it's nice to have a lot of ideas for all sorts of wonderful projects but actually picking one is a commitment.

That said,

I, for one, am interested in all types of development!

Can share that feeling. I don't do this for a living and don't know if I could contribute to whatever this ends up being but I would not mind finding out.

Aster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 03:07:21 am »
If you get a bunch of people all wishing to do some project, how do you decide what and who does what? It already sounds like a nightmare. Plus it's nice to have a lot of ideas for all sorts of wonderful projects but actually picking one is a commitment.

This thread isn't really about picking a project, it's about finding people to work with. It's more of a "Hey! I want to do something. Anything! If you want to do something too, let me know, and we can do something together!" than a "I want to do something specific. I am looking for someone to do said specific thing with me."

FRex

• Back to C++ gamedev with SFML in May 2023
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 11:55:03 am »
"Hey! I want to do something. Anything! If you want to do something too, let me know, and we can do something together!"
I want to do something. :P I don't know what or anything though and  only worked in group twice so far and it both times was petty stupid small thing for uni.
Back to C++ gamedev with SFML in May 2023

Aster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 01:48:04 pm »
I want to do something. :P I don't know what or anything though and  only worked in group twice so far and it both times was petty stupid small thing for uni.

Well, if you're interested, fire me a PM (or use IRC), and we can discuss skillsets and potential project ideas, etc. ;)

datMoka

• Wooo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 02:13:34 pm »
another interested person here! will pm you later as I'm currently in town :)

Johndu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 08:58:01 pm »
I sent you a PM!

Also, first post here. A little hidden, but hi everyone ::)