Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Compiling SFML from source, CMake problems  (Read 1528 times)

GarrickW

• View Profile
Compiling SFML from source, CMake problems
« on: September 30, 2013, 06:20:58 am »
So I am trying to compile SFML 2.1 from the source, and I am having some issues with CMake.

I did my best to follow the tutorial to the letter, but when I hit Configure in the CMake window, I get the following errors I don't understand:

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "MinGW Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "MinGW Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Users/Guerric/Downloads/SFML Custom/CMakeFiles/2.8.11.2/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Users/Guerric/Downloads/SFML Custom/CMakeFiles/2.8.11.2/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I used the
set PATH=%PATH%;your_mingw_folder\bin
command to set the PATH variable (obviously with my own installation directory), and tried running CMake both from the desktop icon and from the command prompt using cmake-gui.

How can I solve these and get to compiling SFML?

Ixrec

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Compiling SFML from source, CMake problems
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 06:53:15 am »
Have you tried simply creating basic Unix Makefiles with CMake?  That's a lot simpler than IDE projects so it should at least determine if this is unique to the MinGW generator or if you have some more serious problem with your environment.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: Compiling SFML from source, CMake problems
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 07:54:26 am »
Did you run cmake-gui from the same command prompt where you changed the path?

Have you tried simply creating basic Unix Makefiles with CMake?
He is already creating makefiles. Look at the first error message.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer