Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Improve Solution -> Special Photoshop text  (Read 1323 times)

etixpp

• View Profile
    • FoxFire Development Website
    • Email
Improve Solution -> Special Photoshop text
« on: November 13, 2013, 06:06:58 pm »
Hej guys, it´s just a small thing, i thought about using a custom photoshop "font" with special effects as a font, the thing is, there is no way i know to realize this with sfml stuff, only solution which came to my mind is to take every letter in big and small as a single picture and bind him to a char, so i have a function which just sets one of this images after one to get a word.
-> Just as an example what i am talking about: http://graphicriver.net/item/ancient-asia-text-effects/5993687?WT.ac=solid_search_thumb&WT.seg_1=solid_search_thumb&WT.z_author=Sao108

So the question is, do you have any easier ideas how to make this possible? Ofc i would take one big texture and just use rectures, but this will ge a buch of work so i hope there is another way D:

zsbzsb

• Active Maintainer of CSFML/SFML.NET
    • View Profile
    • My little corner...
    • Email
Re: Improve Solution -> Special Photoshop text
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 06:23:10 pm »
So the question is, do you have any easier ideas how to make this possible? Ofc i would take one big texture and just use rectures, but this will ge a buch of work so i hope there is another way D:

This is the idea, and it is generally known as "bitmap fonts". As for being easier? Make an algorithm that calculates the texture rect of each character so you don't end up hard coding everything (too much).
Motion / MotionNET - Complete video / audio playback for SFML / SFML.NET

NetEXT - An SFML.NET Extension Library based on Thor

anything