Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Having a bit of a problem with setting up the environment on another PC  (Read 6158 times)

The Terminator

• Windows and Mac C++ Developer
    • View Profile
Hello there, and Merry Christmas to everybody  :). I'm having a bit of an issue with setting up SFML 2.1 on another PC, which isn't working for me, yet my other PC works fine and I'm doing the same process. I've compiled SFML 2.1 on CodeBlocks' default compiler (GCC 4.7.1) which comes along just fine. Now, when I link everything, CodeBlocks spits out all these nasty errors like:

undefined reference to `_imp___ZN2sf12RenderWindowC1Ev'|

Etc. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing the error? Thanks a lot for any and all help!
Current Projects:
Technoport

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
AW: Having a bit of a problem with setting up the environment on another PC
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 05:37:36 pm »
It means you're linking the wrong library. Post the full build command as explained in the sticky thread in General Help here.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 05:59:34 pm by eXpl0it3r »
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

The Terminator

• View Profile
Re: Having a bit of a problem with setting up the environment on another PC
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 05:09:50 am »
-------------- Build: Debug in Shock Engine (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

WARNING: Can't read file's timestamp: C:\Users\Peter Senyszyn\Desktop\Shock Engine\Shock_Engine\Engine\ShockScript\ParticleSystemParser.cpp
WARNING: Can't read file's timestamp: C:\Users\Peter Senyszyn\Desktop\Shock Engine\Shock_Engine\GUI\ParticleSystem.cpp
WARNING: Can't read file's timestamp: C:\Users\Peter Senyszyn\Desktop\Shock Engine\Shock_Engine\GUI\ParticleSystemManager.cpp
mingw32-g++.exe -L"..\..\..\..\Program Files (x86)\SFML\lib" -L"..\..\..\..\Program Files (x86)\thor\lib"  -o "bin\Debug\Shock Engine.exe" obj\Debug\main.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\Engine.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\ShockScript\GUIParser.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\ShockScript\Parser.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\ShockScript\ParticleSystemParser.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Gameplay\Camera.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Gameplay\ObjectManager.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Gameplay\Player.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\Background.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\Button.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\FPS.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\GUI.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\GUIObject.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\Label.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\ParticleSystem.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\ParticleSystemManager.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\RadioBox.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\States\IntroState.o    -lsfml-audio-d -lsfml-graphics-d -lsfml-window-d -lsfml-system-d -lthor-d
obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\ShockScript\ParticleSystemParser.o: In function `ZN2SE14ParticleSystem17addTorqueAffectorEf':
C:\Users\Peter Senyszyn\Desktop\Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.hpp:27: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor14TorqueAffector6createEf'
C:\Users\Peter Senyszyn\Desktop\Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.hpp:27: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor14ParticleSystem11addAffectorESt10shared_ptrINS_8AffectorEE'
obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\ShockScript\ParticleSystemParser.o: In function `ZN2SE14ParticleSystem16addForceAffectorEN2sf7Vector2IfEE':
C:\Users\Peter Senyszyn\Desktop\Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.hpp:30: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor13ForceAffector6createEN2sf7Vector2IfEE'
C:\Users\Peter Senyszyn\Desktop\Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.hpp:30: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor14ParticleSystem11addAffectorESt10shared_ptrINS_8AffectorEE'
obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\ShockScript\ParticleSystemParser.o: In function `ZN2SE6Engine24getParticleSystemManagerEv':
C:\Users\Peter Senyszyn\Desktop\Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/Engine/Engine.hpp:63: undefined reference to `SE::Engine::m_particleSystemManager'
obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\ParticleSystem.o: In function `ZN2SE14ParticleSystemC2ERKSs':
C:/Users/Peter Senyszyn/Desktop/Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.cpp:10: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor16UniversalEmitter6createEv'
C:/Users/Peter Senyszyn/Desktop/Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.cpp:12: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor14ParticleSystemC1ESt10shared_ptrIKN2sf7TextureEE'
obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\ParticleSystem.o: In function `ZN2SE14ParticleSystem13createEmitterEffN2sf7Vector2IfEE':
C:/Users/Peter Senyszyn/Desktop/Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.cpp:24: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor14ParticleSystem10addEmitterESt10shared_ptrINS_7EmitterEE'
obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\ParticleSystem.o: In function `ZN2SE14ParticleSystem16addFadeAnimationEff':
C:/Users/Peter Senyszyn/Desktop/Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.cpp:36: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor17AnimationAffector6createESt8functionIFvRNS_8ParticleEfEE'
C:/Users/Peter Senyszyn/Desktop/Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.cpp:36: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor14ParticleSystem11addAffectorESt10shared_ptrINS_8AffectorEE'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
10 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
Current Projects:
Technoport

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 06:03:30 pm »
Thor depends on SFML, thus if needs to come before the SFML libraries in the linking order.
Also make sure you Thor headers and libraries are from the same version. ;)
——————————————————————

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 08:28:46 pm »
To expand on that: Make sure Thor and SFML versions are compatible. The easiest way is to download the most recent Git revisions of both libraries.
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

The Terminator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 08:57:18 pm »
Ok, I redownloaded everything (SFML 2.1 straight from Github and Thor 2.0 straight from Github) and recompiled everything successfully. I followed the SFML tutorial to the T  (2.1) on correctly linking everything and I got this from the compiler:

-------------- Build: Debug in Shock Engine (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

WARNING: Can't read file's timestamp: C:\Users\Peter Senyszyn\Desktop\Shock Engine\Shock_Engine\Engine\ShockScript\ParticleSystemParser.cpp
WARNING: Can't read file's timestamp: C:\Users\Peter Senyszyn\Desktop\Shock Engine\Shock_Engine\GUI\ParticleSystem.cpp
WARNING: Can't read file's timestamp: C:\Users\Peter Senyszyn\Desktop\Shock Engine\Shock_Engine\GUI\ParticleSystemManager.cpp
mingw32-g++.exe -L"C:\Program Files (x86)\SFML\lib" -L"C:\Program Files (x86)\thor\lib"  -o "bin\Debug\Shock Engine.exe" obj\Debug\main.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\Engine.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\ShockScript\GUIParser.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\ShockScript\Parser.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\ShockScript\ParticleSystemParser.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Gameplay\Camera.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Gameplay\ObjectManager.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Gameplay\Player.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\Background.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\Button.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\FPS.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\GUI.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\GUIObject.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\Label.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\ParticleSystem.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\ParticleSystemManager.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\RadioBox.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\States\IntroState.o    -lthor-d -lsfml-audio-d -lsfml-graphics-d -lsfml-window-d -lsfml-system-d
c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lthor-d
c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lsfml-audio-d
c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lsfml-graphics-d
c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lsfml-window-d
c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lsfml-system-d
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
5 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 0 seconds)

I did some poking around I found that some people were having issues with Windows finding the files. I triple checked that all of my paths were correct, so I see no errors. I'm really stumped on what to do at this point.
Current Projects:
Technoport

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 09:11:39 pm »
Did you build debug libraries as well? For that you need to rerun CMake with different settings.

The linker can't find libsfml-xyz-d.a
——————————————————————

The Terminator

• View Profile
Did you build debug libraries as well? For that you need to rerun CMake with different settings.

The linker can't find libsfml-xyz-d.a

I'm a little bit confused. Do you mean completely reinstall (mingw32-make install) SFML and Thor after I configure and build the corresponding libraries in "debug" mode?
Current Projects:
Technoport

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 12:40:40 am »
CMake chooses "Release" by default. If you just build SFML/Thor once, without setting CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE you'll only end up with release libraries and the ones with -d suffix are missing. So if you want to have the debug libraries (with -d suffix) as well, you need to reconfigure CMake and set CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to "Debug" and then call mingw32-make install again.
——————————————————————

The Terminator

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 01:01:08 am »
Would I do that for both SFML and Thor? I just did that for Thor and it still doesn't work.
Current Projects:
Technoport

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 01:57:16 am »
Of course for both... ::)

You should really learn how linking works.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:52:45 am by eXpl0it3r »
——————————————————————

The Terminator

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 02:49:44 am »
Alright, did that, more errors (Yippee!!!!!!!)

mingw32-g++.exe -L"C:\Program Files (x86)\SFML\lib" -L"C:\Program Files (x86)\thor\lib"  -o "bin\Debug\Shock Engine.exe" obj\Debug\main.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\Engine.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\ShockScript\GUIParser.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\ShockScript\Parser.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\ShockScript\ParticleSystemParser.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Gameplay\Camera.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Gameplay\ObjectManager.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Gameplay\Player.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\Background.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\Button.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\FPS.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\GUI.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\GUIObject.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\Label.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\ParticleSystem.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\ParticleSystemManager.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\RadioBox.o obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\States\IntroState.o    -lthor-d -lsfml-audio-d -lsfml-graphics-d -lsfml-window-d -lsfml-system-d
obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\ShockScript\ParticleSystemParser.o: In function `ZN2SE14ParticleSystem17addTorqueAffectorEf':
C:\Users\Peter Senyszyn\Desktop\Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.hpp:27: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor14TorqueAffector6createEf'
C:\Users\Peter Senyszyn\Desktop\Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.hpp:27: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor14ParticleSystem11addAffectorESt10shared_ptrINS_8AffectorEE'
obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\ShockScript\ParticleSystemParser.o: In function `ZN2SE14ParticleSystem16addForceAffectorEN2sf7Vector2IfEE':
C:\Users\Peter Senyszyn\Desktop\Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.hpp:30: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor13ForceAffector6createEN2sf7Vector2IfEE'
C:\Users\Peter Senyszyn\Desktop\Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.hpp:30: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor14ParticleSystem11addAffectorESt10shared_ptrINS_8AffectorEE'
obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\Engine\ShockScript\ParticleSystemParser.o: In function `ZN2SE6Engine24getParticleSystemManagerEv':
C:\Users\Peter Senyszyn\Desktop\Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/Engine/Engine.hpp:63: undefined reference to `SE::Engine::m_particleSystemManager'
obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\ParticleSystem.o: In function `ZN2SE14ParticleSystemC2ERKSs':
C:/Users/Peter Senyszyn/Desktop/Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.cpp:10: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor16UniversalEmitter6createEv'
C:/Users/Peter Senyszyn/Desktop/Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.cpp:12: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor14ParticleSystemC1ESt10shared_ptrIKN2sf7TextureEE'
obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\ParticleSystem.o: In function `ZN2SE14ParticleSystem13createEmitterEffN2sf7Vector2IfEE':
C:/Users/Peter Senyszyn/Desktop/Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.cpp:24: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor14ParticleSystem10addEmitterESt10shared_ptrINS_7EmitterEE'
obj\Debug\Shock_Engine\GUI\ParticleSystem.o: In function `ZN2SE14ParticleSystem16addFadeAnimationEff':
C:/Users/Peter Senyszyn/Desktop/Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.cpp:36: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor17AnimationAffector6createESt8functionIFvRNS_8ParticleEfEE'
C:/Users/Peter Senyszyn/Desktop/Shock Engine/Shock_Engine/GUI/ParticleSystem.cpp:36: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor14ParticleSystem11addAffectorESt10shared_ptrINS_8AffectorEE'

Of course for both... ::)

You should really learn how to linking works.

I know :D. It's a serious hole in my knowledge that I'm trying to fix.
Current Projects:
Technoport

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 06:22:04 am »
undefined reference to `_imp___ZN4thor14TorqueAffector6createEf'
You're never using the latest Thor revision. thor::TorqueAffector::create() has been removed long ago.
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

The Terminator

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2013, 05:32:31 pm »
Ok, I got it all figured out and it works now. Thanks everyone for the help!
Current Projects:
Technoport

anything