Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Mac OS X: [NSApplication terminate] does not work  (Read 4182 times)

AdrianM

• View Profile
Mac OS X: [NSApplication terminate] does not work
« on: July 09, 2009, 10:36:55 pm »
I created a splash window using Interface builder that is displayed before creating the opengl window for a little game i am developing. All is fine but when i put this splash screen together with the opengl program that uses sfml and links amongst other to the window framework i cannot use calls to NSApplication anymore because they do not seem to work. The splash screen and the opengl program are decoupled and are meant to be displayed one before the other. How can i successufully use NSApplication and [NSApplication sharedApplication] when linking against the window framework ?

Ceylo

• View Profile
    • http://sfemovie.yalir.org/
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 02:37:53 pm »
What are your "calls" ?

And whatever the sfml-window Mac OS X implementation, -[NSApplication terminate:] uses an exit like function, so this call will always work. Maybe you're talking of the Quit menu item ?
Want to play movies in your SFML application? Check out sfeMovie!

AdrianM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 03:40:36 pm »
Quote from: "Ceylo"
What are your "calls" ?

And whatever the sfml-window Mac OS X implementation, -[NSApplication terminate:] uses an exit like function, so this call will always work. Maybe you're talking of the Quit menu item ?

[SOLVED] :D

I was trying to call [[NSApplication sharedApplication] terminate:self] and also [NSApp terminate:self].

I SOLVED the issues by downloading SFML 1.5 (i was using SFML 1.4). I'm very happy now because this was keeping my work pending. Thanks a lot guys!