Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Wii port  (Read 6089 times)

klusark

• View Profile
Wii port
« on: July 14, 2009, 05:08:57 am »
I am currently hoping to port sfml to the Wii/GameCube, but I am not sure how to go about doing this. The Wii uses a system called GX for rendering. Looking at sfml it seems quite locked into using OpenGL.

How can I go about getting GX to be used and not OpenGL. Would some kind of rendering abstraction help? The library gl2gx looks promising, but it does not work very well at the moment.

Edit: I am currently trying to contact a mesa3d developer who has done some work on making a wii opengl driver.

klusark

• View Profile
Wii port
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 05:04:49 pm »
I am not a Licensed Nintendo developer. By porting sfml to the wii I meant  wii homebrew :P. libogc already has a everything that is needed (Im pretty sure...), other than OpenGL.

xxValiumxx

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wii port
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 01:49:46 am »
<necropost>
This would be really cool, actually.  I'm almost sufficiently motivated to take whack at doing it myself.
I don't know if it could all be ported over, and I can almost guarantee that the graphics would not be fully implemented.  the Wii uses something called GX.
</necropost>

capz

• View Profile
Re: Wii port
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 06:11:16 am »
I am currently hoping to port sfml to the Wii/GameCube, but I am not sure how to go about doing this. The Wii uses a system called GX for rendering. Looking at sfml it seems quite locked into using OpenGL.

How can I go about getting GX to be used and not OpenGL. Would some kind of rendering abstraction help? The library gl2gx looks promising, but it does not work very well at the moment.

Edit: I am currently trying to contact a mesa3d developer who has done some work on making a wii opengl driver.

as far as I know, both sony and nintendo ship ports of OpenGL for their SDKs, the GL-calls, etc are just renamed, GX in this case. Had a go with PSP and it's SDK had that too. but those are official SDKs :)

having SFML2 on the gamecube would be interesting to me though!