Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Menu shortcuts not working in fullscreen on OSX (master)  (Read 1330 times)

Olof

• View Profile
Menu shortcuts not working in fullscreen on OSX (master)
« on: January 20, 2014, 10:39:37 am »
Hi!

I'm currently using the latest dev snapshot of SFML from the git repository, since I noticed there had been some more work done there on the OSX port.

I understand I'm really on my own because of that, but I was hoping to get in contact with someone working on it.

One nice thing is that there is now a standard menu there with Quit etc, including shortcut Cmd-Q to quit.
This is nice, since it is a requirement to release your app on the app store.

Though, I noticed that when putting the window into fullscreen, these shortcuts no longer works!
I just get a "beep" when trying to press them.

I also can't catch them in the key event loop, I get the Cmd keypress, but when pressing Q, I only get the beep, no key event.

I'm wondering if this is a known problem, and why this happens? Some problem with responders?

I'm looking into using SFML as a base for porting our GL game to OSX, and am willing to help contribute with some debugging and implementation if needed.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 11:24:17 am by Olof »

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Menu shortcuts not working in fullscreen on OSX (master)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 01:07:32 pm »
This seems to be a new bug. Please open an issue on Github. I'll try to fix it in April (can't do it earlier) if no patch is submitted until then.
SFML / OS X developer

Olof

• View Profile
Re: Menu shortcuts not working in fullscreen on OSX (master)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 03:36:51 pm »
Ok, done.

Issue #527: https://github.com/SFML/SFML/issues/527

Thank you for letting me know the time schedule!