Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Installation problems Code::Blocks + MinGw + build SFML + Vista  (Read 2033 times)

ziraxis

• View Profile
Hi guys,
I am strugeling to install SFML on Windows Vista using Code::Blocks 13.12 and SFML.
Firs I downloaded SFML GCC 4.7 MinGW (DW2) - 32 bits and it didn't worked (I stumbled in internet and people says that the compiler I have is different from the one that SFML was build with). So I decided to build it /compile it from the source code. I did so with CMake, Code::Blocks and the Source code that I get from the SFML page.
I followed this steps:
http://sfml-dev.org/tutorials/1.6/start-cb.php
it didn't work
then I followed this steps :
http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.0/start-cb.php
and it's not working :(
what I have in my linker is :
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a
for Release and Debug
Also I've included in the Search Options in Compiler : ..\sfml\include and in Linker ..\sfml\lib ..  and of course I have SFML_STATIC...
So it seems to see the class sf (it gives me auto-complete suggestions)   :-\
However, I get a bunch of errors :

||=== Build: Debug in anotherTry (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.cpp.obj):RenderWindow.cpp|| undefined reference to `glReadPixels@28'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glDisable@4'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glDisable@4'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glEnable@4'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glEnable@4'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glMatrixMode@4'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glEnableClientState@4'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glEnableClientState@4'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glPolygonMode@8'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `__GLEW_EXT_blend_func_separate'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `__glewBlendFuncSeparateEXT'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glLoadMatrixf@4'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glBlendFunc@8'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glClearColor@16'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glPushClientAttrib@4'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glPushAttrib@4'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glMatrixMode@4'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glPushMatrix@0'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glPushMatrix@0'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glPopMatrix@0'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glPopMatrix@0'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glPopClientAttrib@0'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glViewport@16'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glLoadMatrixf@4'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `__GLEW_EXT_blend_func_separate'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `__glewBlendFuncSeparateEXT'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glBlendFunc@8'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glVertexPointer@16'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glColorPointer@16'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glTexCoordPointer@16'|
..\sfml\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.cpp.obj):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glDrawArrays@12'|
||More errors follow but not being shown.|
||Edit the max errors limit in compiler options...|
||=== Build failed: 50 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s)) ===|

Please help me... I really want to get it to work :)

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
Re: Installation problems Code::Blocks + MinGw + build SFML + Vista
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 01:06:16 pm »
You have to link OpenGL (and a bunch of other dependencies, search the forum for more information).

And why do you link sfml-graphics-s three times?
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
Re: Installation problems Code::Blocks + MinGw + build SFML + Vista
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 01:12:56 pm »
See here. :)
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————