Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Trouble compiling the tutorial [OSX Mavericks - Xcode] [RESOLVED]  (Read 4937 times)

agentjwall

• View Profile
Hello, I'm new to SFML and relatively new to C++. After following the tutorial for installation of the GCC OSX version of SFML 2.1 and the templates for Xcode 5 I try to compile the sample code and get the following errors.

Unsupported compiler 'com.apple.compilers.llvmgcc42' selected for architecture 'x86_64'Unable to determine concrete GCC compiler for file /Users/agentjwall/CS/XCode/Test001/Test001/main.cpp of type sourcecode.cpp.cpp.Unable to determine concrete GCC compiler for file /Users/agentjwall/CS/XCode/Test001/Test001/ResourcePath.mm of type sourcecode.cpp.objcpp.Unsupported compiler 'com.apple.compilers.llvmgcc42' selected for architecture 'i386'Unable to determine concrete GCC compiler for file /Users/agentjwall/CS/XCode/Test001/Test001/main.cpp of type sourcecode.cpp.cpp.Unable to determine concrete GCC compiler for file /Users/agentjwall/CS/XCode/Test001/Test001/ResourcePath.mm of type sourcecode.cpp.objcpp.

I've reinstalled SFML multiple times and verified the correct procedure with the tutorial so I'm sure I've preformed the correct steps. However, I'm not sure where I went wrong.

I'm using:
OSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks)
Xcode 5.0.2
SFML 2.1 GCC - universal 32+64 bits (OS X 10.5+)
SFML Xcode 5 templates

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!
-Wally
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 07:47:04 pm by agentjwall »

didii

• View Profile
Re: Trouble compiling the tutorial [OSX Mavericks - Xcode]
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 02:06:44 am »
Can you compile any program at all? Have you tried compiling a simple "Hello, Wold" program?

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 11:17:55 am »
First check you have the CLT installed. But I wouldn't be surprised if Apple removed gcc completely for the CLT. Use clang instead.
SFML / OS X developer

agentjwall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 08:48:23 pm »
Can you compile any program at all? Have you tried compiling a simple "Hello, Wold" program?

Yes, I can compile other programs just not SFML

First check you have the CLT installed. But I wouldn't be surprised if Apple removed gcc completely for the CLT. Use clang instead.

No, apparently Apple doesn't have CLT pre-installed for Xcode 5. I installed it but it had no effect unfortunately. I reinstalled with clang and it worked! Will I still be able to port my SFML apps to windows If I'm using clang though? I know most c / c++ apps are compiled with GCC on windows (Not sure if it works differently with clang) and portability is a must.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 10:16:25 pm by agentjwall »

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 11:42:53 am »
Clang, GCC, MS's, IBM's, Intel's, ... are all compilers – not C++ standard. That's two differents things. If your code doesn't use some extra features of [put a compiler name here] then it's all good (theoretically).

Moreover, clang on Mac is much better than the old gcc 4.2 available on older version of the OS...
SFML / OS X developer

agentjwall

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 07:46:14 pm »
Clang, GCC, MS's, IBM's, Intel's, ... are all compilers – not C++ standard. That's two differents things. If your code doesn't use some extra features of [put a compiler name here] then it's all good (theoretically).

Moreover, clang on Mac is much better than the old gcc 4.2 available on older version of the OS...

Ah, that would make sense...

Thank you for your help!