Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Compiling the libs  (Read 5062 times)

Srejv

• View Profile
Compiling the libs
« on: November 27, 2007, 06:27:49 pm »
I've been trying to compile the libaries using codeblocks (got the latest stuff from svn), but at first it depened on devIL, so I removed that, but now it only compiles the debug libs.  :(

What to do?

Srejv

• View Profile
Compiling the libs
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 10:11:04 pm »
Okay, I found what was wrong. I had chosen "Debug" as target build. :) My bad.

Srejv

• View Profile
Compiling the libs
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 11:01:37 pm »
Okay, so I've built the static libraries (for MingW), and now I'm trying to compile a simple window application. I get reference errors to the opengl lib from the graphics lib. :/ Also getting reference errors to win32 specific stuff.

I dunno what to do.  :(

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Compiling the libs
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 03:14:52 am »
In static build, the external libraries are not linked automatically, so you have to do it in each program using SFML.

To include the external libraries directly into the SFML ones, like I do, you would have to do an extra-step using some Linux utilities (basically it just consists of unpacking the static libraries and adding their contents to the SFML ones -- gcc libs are just archives of object files). Unfortunately, I still haven't found the way to integrate it as a post-process step into the compiling, so you have to download the utilities and do it manually. You can find those utilities in Cygwin, for example.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Srejv

• View Profile
Compiling the libs
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 04:34:10 pm »
Quote from: "Laurent"
To include the external libraries directly into the SFML ones, like I do, you would have to do an extra-step using some Linux utilities (basically it just consists of unpacking the static libraries and adding their contents to the SFML ones -- gcc libs are just archives of object files). Unfortunately, I still haven't found the way to integrate it as a post-process step into the compiling, so you have to download the utilities and do it manually. You can find those utilities in Cygwin, for example.

Could you write some kind of howto? (even if a short one) Please?  :roll:

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Compiling the libs
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 03:06:13 am »
Yep, I'll try to do it as soon as possible.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer