Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Python Binding on Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr)  (Read 5482 times)

jorgonor

• View Profile
Python Binding on Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr)
« on: May 15, 2014, 12:31:30 am »
Hi there,

I am new in the forum and I used a long time ago the Python bindings for SFML1.x.

The point is I am porting an old project to SFML 2.1. I decided to install the binding from apt, and I have realized some Text features are missing, like for example sfml.Font.get_default_font() or the property sfml.Font.DEFAULT_FONT. This function and this property aren't defined.

I have tried to find out which version of the binding I am using, but synaptic shows me a version number that is quite strange. The native library version is 2.1 and the binding version is 1.5.1, version that doesn't fit with the one that appears in the website.

It is no big deal, you can use text with a font instead of using a default font but I don't know why I'd like to know the reason for this strange behaviour on Ubuntu or if the documentation is not updated.

Cheers.

dabbertorres

• View Profile
    • website/blog
Re: Python Binding on Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 12:38:19 am »
That is normal, the default font was removed from SFML for 2.x. No real strangeness going on there!

jorgonor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 10:55:43 am »
Ok, thanks.

The thing is I read in the Python binding docs that it was still enabled, so the problem is that the documentation is outdated.

http://www.python-sfml.org/api/graphics.html#font

Thanks.

filinta

• View Profile
    • filinta izle
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 12:44:26 am »
Hi there,

I am new in the forum and I used a long time ago the Python bindings for SFML1.x.

The point is I am porting an old project to SFML 2.1. I decided to install the binding from apt, and I have realized some Text features are missing, like for example sfml.Font.get_default_font() or the property sfml.Font.DEFAULT_FONT. This function and this property aren't defined.

I have tried to find out which version of the binding I am using, but synaptic shows me a version number that is quite strange. The native library version is 2.1 and the binding version is 1.5.1, version that doesn't fit with the one that appears in the website.

It is no big deal, you can use text with a font instead of using a default font but I don't know why I'd like to know the reason for this strange behaviour on Ubuntu or if the documentation is not updated.

Cheers.
Thanks

anything