Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Anyone want to build a 2D game with me?  (Read 10306 times)

AndreeU17

• View Profile
Anyone want to build a 2D game with me?
« on: June 12, 2014, 07:23:44 pm »
Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone would like to work on a 2D Zelda like RPG game for fun and for learning purposes. Your level of C++ and SFML isn't necessary, as long as you know basics that's all that counts. We can both learn and build a 2D game!

As for the name of the game, I don't have one yet!
I would like a Zelda like game, but rather than playing with Zelda, you'll be prompted the option of choosing either Warrior, Archer, or Mage!

The game will be a bit long and tedious but like I said, it's just a fun project we can start and have it on github to work on! I'm looking for 2 other members ! Anyone interested be sure to add me on skype AndreeU17

Thanks guys for reading this and hopefully we'll see you guys soon
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 08:44:13 pm by AndreeU17 »

zsbzsb

• Active Maintainer of CSFML/SFML.NET
    • View Profile
    • My little corner...
    • Email
Re: Looking for Developers
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 07:30:05 pm »
You should probably change the title of your post because as it stands now it sounds like you are asking if anyone is looking for developers - not that you are looking for people to help on a project.  ;)

Anyways, I hope you find some good people to help you make your game and I look forward to seeing it when it is complete.  :D
Motion / MotionNET - Complete video / audio playback for SFML / SFML.NET

NetEXT - An SFML.NET Extension Library based on Thor

AndreeU17

• View Profile
Re: Anyone want to build a 2D game with me?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 08:45:10 pm »
Thanks for the heads up! I didn't notice it so I wrote an even more specific title! And yeah hopefully someone wants to join other wise I'll work on it alone !

bacondude95

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 03:07:41 pm »
 :D It sounds like a great programming and learning experience! I think I would be interested in it, but I'm uncertain my experience is sufficient. I realize you said don't worry about your programming experience, but how would it work out if we can't agree on one code design? For example you write a couple lines of code and I think it's horrible. Not that I would be so rude, but how would we agree on whether or not it's fine, or needs to be changed. I think in that case we should probably google it and decide on whether it is good design or not. Anyways, I'm in if that's okay with you? Sounds like a great experience!

Edit: Also something that might be helpful to you is that my time zone is CDT it was around 8 AM when I posted this

Kind regards
bacondude95
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 03:45:31 pm by bacondude95 »

BaneTrapper

• Do you even see this, i dont need it.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 04:16:32 pm »
Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone would like to work on a 2D Zelda like RPG game for fun and for learning purposes. Your level of C++ and SFML isn't necessary, as long as you know basics that's all that counts. We can both learn and build a 2D game!

As for the name of the game, I don't have one yet!
I would like a Zelda like game, but rather than playing with Zelda, you'll be prompted the option of choosing either Warrior, Archer, or Mage!

The game will be a bit long and tedious but like I said, it's just a fun project we can start and have it on github to work on! I'm looking for 2 other members ! Anyone interested be sure to add me on skype AndreeU17

Thanks guys for reading this and hopefully we'll see you guys soon
What is your c++ skills, how experienced are you (What games did you make in past, links please).
I myself would like some help with coding on current 2d, top down fantasy rpg. I have a team, but if you are skilled i am looking for guinea pigs :D some screenShots http://postimg.org/my.php?gallery=7zo1b6rq
BaneTrapperDev@hotmail.com Programing, Coding
Projects: Not in development(unfinished/playable):
http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=11073.msg76266#msg76266
UP and in Development: The Wanderer - Lost in time
http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=14563.0

Lo-X

• View Profile
    • My personal website, with CV, portfolio and projects
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 06:29:48 pm »
I think I will think about it since working as a team brings some motivation you sometimes lack when you're alone on that type of projects.

Meanwhile I agree you shoud give some details about your skills and mostly past experiences.

BaneTrapper

• Do you even see this, i dont need it.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 10:00:00 pm »
I think I will think about it since working as a team brings some motivation you sometimes lack when you're alone on that type of projects.

Meanwhile I agree you shoud give some details about your skills and mostly past experiences.
Definitely agreed, being in team, and wanting the game to progress will force you to work on it when you don't want to, and you wont feel half as bad doing it.
BaneTrapperDev@hotmail.com Programing, Coding
Projects: Not in development(unfinished/playable):
http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=11073.msg76266#msg76266
UP and in Development: The Wanderer - Lost in time
http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=14563.0

bacondude95

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 01:19:45 am »
Definitely agreed, being in team, and wanting the game to progress will force you to work on it when you don't want to, and you wont feel half as bad doing it.
I agree too. It also helps in the way that if you mess up on something that needs to be changed, but you don't realize it, someone in the team probably will. Maybe all of us will be able to work on it together. :D

p5ych0

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 05:13:22 am »
I'd be willing to join!  ;D

theindy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 06:27:35 pm »
Shoot me a message (I don't like skype...) if you still need some programmers.

AndreeU17

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 07:12:51 pm »
:D It sounds like a great programming and learning experience! I think I would be interested in it, but I'm uncertain my experience is sufficient. I realize you said don't worry about your programming experience, but how would it work out if we can't agree on one code design? For example you write a couple lines of code and I think it's horrible. Not that I would be so rude, but how would we agree on whether or not it's fine, or needs to be changed. I think in that case we should probably google it and decide on whether it is good design or not. Anyways, I'm in if that's okay with you? Sounds like a great experience!

Edit: Also something that might be helpful to you is that my time zone is CDT it was around 8 AM when I posted this

Kind regards
bacondude95

Your absolutely right about design. however, thats the fun in programming in a group, were we both see a problem and are able to solve it in multiple ways! Look i know my C++ syntax, etc. But i'm open to even bigger ideas! I feel that when having an open mind about programming, can open a lot of other passages! If we do happen to confront a problem in which we both solve the same thing in different ways, we could either Discuss it like civil humans or simply Head to a forum and have C++ coders design what is the best OOP design, etc, etc. Also I did create a pong game: https://github.com/JonathanAV95/RetroPong-Game
The 2nd version is almost done, i redesign the whole game again from scratch using OOP, the thing is i've taken longer since i'm trying to implement things i didnt user prior such as enum, structs, class, header files, etc. Also i been busy with school but i do set about 1 hour a day! Also Im in California, USA !

bacondude95

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 09:34:50 pm »
Your absolutely right about design. however, thats the fun in programming in a group, were we both see a problem and are able to solve it in multiple ways! Look i know my C++ syntax, etc. But i'm open to even bigger ideas! I feel that when having an open mind about programming, can open a lot of other passages! If we do happen to confront a problem in which we both solve the same thing in different ways, we could either Discuss it like civil humans or simply Head to a forum and have C++ coders design what is the best OOP design, etc, etc. Also I did create a pong game: https://github.com/JonathanAV95/RetroPong-Game
The 2nd version is almost done, i redesign the whole game again from scratch using OOP, the thing is i've taken longer since i'm trying to implement things i didnt user prior such as enum, structs, class, header files, etc. Also i been busy with school but i do set about 1 hour a day! Also Im in California, USA !
Well, I agree with you. You seem very open-minded and cooperative to work with! I hope I get to work with you because of all the things we would learn it would be very beneficial! And also for once I could have a friend who programs :D! It gets lonely, you know. None of my friends program so I don't have anybody to program with but maybe now I will actually be apart of a team! :D

OutlawLee

• This is my personal text. Dont read it.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2014, 12:10:57 am »
AndreeU17: are you still looking for someone ? Im working on a 2D rpg game, zelda like.
Got some basic things already done. My c++ is decent, trying out opengl a bit.

AndreeU17

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 06:16:20 am »
AndreeU17: are you still looking for someone ? Im working on a 2D rpg game, zelda like.
Got some basic things already done. My c++ is decent, trying out opengl a bit.

Yes i am still looking for a partner. Some partners i have added but most dont recontact with me or are busy. Give me your skype and well work on it :D I want to make a RPG game !

Arch1eN

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 11:10:43 pm »
Hey guys.

I am also interested in coding with someone, so if You don't mind i will be happy to join You :)
My Skype username is: arch1en. I have it also installed on smartphone so i might not always answer :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 09:49:18 am by Arch1eN »

anything