Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: __gxx_personality_v0  (Read 2299 times)

CactiPlant

• View Profile
__gxx_personality_v0
« on: July 10, 2014, 11:35:40 pm »
I setup everything in my codeblocks project following this tutorial:
http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.1/start-cb.php#creating-and-configuring-a-sfml-project

Whenever I run the test project, it compiles without any errors, but it gives this error when launching;
"
The procedure entry point __gxx_personality_v0 could not be found in DLL-File {myProjectFolder}sfml-graphics2.dll
"
Most sulutions I found on the internet are something with deleting duplicates of libstdc++-6.dll, but I don't have that file anywhere.

I'm running Windows 8.1 and CodeBlocks 13.12 and I downloaded the "GCC 4.7 MinGW (DW2) - 32 bits" for windows.

Thanks for the help!

DxE

• View Profile
Re: __gxx_personality_v0
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 11:42:32 pm »
I believe this is a compatibility issue between your libraries and your compiler.

Try with GCC 4.7 TDM (SJLJ) - 32 bits instead of the MingW one. Doing this worked for me back when I used C::B. Otherwise you'll probably have to use CMake to compile from source (there's a tutorial on this site that talks you through the process).

Jesper Juhl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 11:49:09 pm »
Remember that you must use the same compiler (including version) when compiling SFML and your own code.
If you are using a pre-built version of SFML then you must use the same compiler+version to build your own code as was used to build the SFML copy you are using. Anything else and all bets are off.

CactiPlant

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 11:56:37 pm »
DxE,
your suggestion worked, thanks!

Jesper, I didn't keep this in mind, thanks for the info.
But since the other pre-compiled download worked, I'm guessing I got lucky and have the same compiler version, thanks!

anything