Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Unresolved GLEW references when building SFGUI  (Read 2146 times)

Chunker120

• View Profile
Unresolved GLEW references when building SFGUI
« on: August 01, 2014, 07:18:52 am »
Hey, I downloaded glew, built SFML myself, tested it, and now tried to install SFGUI but I've been struggling a lot. After building with cmake, it generated the proper files, see here:

And I opened up SFGUI.sln and tried ALL_BUILD. Everything works fine, however I'm getting errors, and all of them are glew related.

What can I do? Here's my cmake configuration:

Any help would be appreciated. I'm on windows 8.1 x64, built SFML myself, nothing is precompiled

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
Re: Unresolved GLEW references when building SFGUI
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 10:14:32 am »
You have to make sure that your Visual Studio solution links to GLEW, maybe the SFGUI configuration scripts don't do this automatically... And there have been recent changes in SFML concerning the linking of static libraries, now this has to be done on user side.

Can you check whether GLEW appears in the list of linked libraries (Project Properties -> Linker -> Additional Dependencies or similar)? If not, add glew32.lib.
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

Chunker120

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 12:54:17 pm »
You have to make sure that your Visual Studio solution links to GLEW, maybe the SFGUI configuration scripts don't do this automatically... And there have been recent changes in SFML concerning the linking of static libraries, now this has to be done on user side.

Can you check whether GLEW appears in the list of linked libraries (Project Properties -> Linker -> Additional Dependencies or similar)? If not, add glew32.lib.

There's no project properties -> linker :/
Am I missing something out?

EDIT: The other projects (there's about 20 projects) have the linker settings, my bad! But it seems they are changed, so glew might be included in them. See bellow
EDIT2: Geheim tried it and it works for him, I'll also try what he did and post again if I have any problems, thanks for the suggestion, Nexus. I gotta say this is really annoying and strange, but it's all fine, awesome projects.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:02:44 pm by Chunker120 »

Chunker120

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 01:12:56 pm »
FIXED. Thanks, Nexus. Nowhere on the sfgui instructions does it say this though, or maybe I'm blind, they seem outdated anyway, initially nothing worked based on the instructions, but I figured it out eventually.

For those who find this via google, there should only be 1 project called "sfgui", just add:

SFMLDIR/extlibs/libsmcsv/x86 or x64, then add this to additional libs: glew.lib.

Thanks again!

anything