Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: JSFML for SFML 2.2  (Read 8810 times)

pdinklag

• JSFML Developer
    • View Profile
    • JSFML Website
JSFML for SFML 2.2
« on: December 18, 2014, 06:53:11 am »
This is just a little sign of life. ;)
Life is keeping me very busy these days, I hope that I can find some time to update JSFML for the new SFML release sooner than later.

From what I've seen, there are not many API changes, so it should all go relatively quick once I find some time.

The problem will be - as always in the past - building and packaging the native (C++) part. I don't have any Linux development systems I use regularly, so the ones I used last are heavily outdated. I also don't own a Mac to build the OS X version. If anybody could help out here, I'd highly appreciate it.
JSFML - The Java binding to SFML.

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: JSFML for SFML 2.2
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 01:26:38 pm »
For the Mac version, ping me when it's ready to be built.  ;)
SFML / OS X developer

StormWingDelta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 07:50:25 pm »
Does your computer have 6 gigs of RAM or more?  If it does a virtual machine might help with getting a Linux  Development system running.
I have many ideas but need the help of others to find way to make use of them.

pdinklag

• JSFML Developer
    • View Profile
    • JSFML Website
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 12:39:05 pm »
I applied the SFML 2.2 updates, although they are untested for now.

Quote from: Hiura
For the Mac version, ping me when it's ready to be built.  ;)
Thanks! :) I will get to you about this once I tested the updates, so you won't have to build unstable builds.

Quote from: StormWingDelta
Does your computer have 6 gigs of RAM or more?  If it does a virtual machine might help with getting a Linux  Development system running.
Yep, that's what I did before. I had two virtual boxes, one for Linux x86, one for Linux x64. At some point this year, I got rid of them, but I might go for that setup again.

liesard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 12:20:24 am »
I run Linux 64-bit, so I might be able to help with that part of it ^.^

pdinklag

• JSFML Developer
    • View Profile
    • JSFML Website
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 01:38:17 pm »
Well, what I need are the shared object files (except for networking) of SFML 2.2 built for Linux x64 with libglew-1.5 (or is it 1.6?) and libjpeg8d linked statically. It's messy, I know, but I failed to find a better way to solve those dependencies (e.g. Fedora does not have libjpeg and many systems only have libglew-1.7 or later).

Then the native part of JSFML needs to be built on Linux x64 as well (using "ant linux64") - the output file libjsfml.so needs to be packaged in the release jar.

I'll have to set up some VMs again to make it an automated workflow, but I don't look forward to the effort, especially since VirtualBox had a lot of problems with Debian 7 and/or my host system.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:08:28 pm by pdinklag »

liesard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 11:10:20 pm »
I have the shared object files, but my version of GLEW is 1.12 so I'll compile the older version from source if needed.  As for libjpeg8d, I only have libjpeg (I don't know if they're the same thing)
I don't know how to use ant, but I have the JSFML shared object files in the home directory

If that's everything that's needed, then I'll be glad to try compiling it at once :3

pdinklag

• JSFML Developer
    • View Profile
    • JSFML Website
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 07:57:13 am »
You should be able to verify your libjpeg version by asking your package repository. I don't think 8d is required, I always used the latest. The key is that it needs to be linked statically for distributions like Fedora, which only comes with libjpeg-turbo.

About libglew, that's what I did. Grab an old version (should be 1.5) and compile it myself - it also needs static linking. For what I remember, SFML's cmake script will complain about newer libglew versions, unless that was changed or there were other reasons. It's been a while.  :-[