Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [WIP - Not playable] UnNamed Tiny RPG  (Read 3288 times)

eyeliner

• View Profile
[WIP - Not playable] UnNamed Tiny RPG
« on: January 06, 2015, 11:56:27 pm »
Hi.

First of all, hi guys, I've been working and honing my skills in C# programming using SFML.net and this is what I have (Disregard the red uppermost part):

This is a simple and fast RPG with all coding and assets done by me. It will be an RPG in the vein of candy box, but with some differences to make it a bit quicker to start, quest and finish in its entirety.

You will never control the character directly, you'll just point to where he will go and watch him succeed or fail.

So, on to the more technical stuff:
I have no artistic skills whatsoever and I could vastly improve my coding but I'm following (at least trying to) the NES system restrictions regarding resolution, colors and amount of sprites/colors on screen.
I have a game state system in place, but I am not sure it's ideal/the best, but it is working.

I have been able to learn A LOT and I'm almost at the point where I can search for help on most topics autonomously because I know the terms used in C# (like what is inheritance and those other things).

SFML.Net has become quite a learning tool and, even if I get nowhere with my tinyRPG, at least I improve my knowledge.

More to come. Eventually. Or if any of you ask stuff. :)

EDIT:
I've fixed the blurry text, though it's not quite there yet, as you can see in the top of the "E" in "Enemy".
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:05:33 am by eyeliner »

Ricky

• View Profile
    • Tejada
    • Email
Re: UnNamed Tiny RPG
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 01:41:06 am »
No download link?
Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.

eyeliner

• View Profile
Re: UnNamed Tiny RPG
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 10:05:08 am »
Hi, Ricky.

This is just a WIP, in no way, shape or form in a playable state. I posted so I can motivate myself to finish it. :)
I have updated the topic tytle to state the current state of the project.

My char has now a decent animated walk cycle (as much as I can animate). I was very happy when my wife identified the little dude with a shield as being a soldier with something on the front of him. :P
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:07:32 am by eyeliner »

Ricky

• View Profile
    • Tejada
    • Email
Re: [WIP - Not playable] UnNamed Tiny RPG
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 03:08:36 am »
Ah I see, thanks for letting me know. Good luck.
Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.

anything