Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Are there ANY video tutorials for SFML that people think are good?  (Read 2391 times)

devilswin

• View Profile
    • Email
Just to give a little background, i have always struggled with reading comprehension. I have read 60% of the SFML game development book. I find that while reading, the code makes sense to me. but when i try to implement it, i struggle with trying to remember how they are implemented or how they work. I find that i learn best from videos, because i can visualize them and see what is actually going on.

I know that this forum is very critical of codingmadeeasy's videos. But the other side of this is that he is the only one who makes video tutorials on SFML. So i was wondering if anyone knew of any other video tutorials for SFML.

SuperV1234

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
Re: Are there ANY video tutorials for SFML that people think are good?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 11:04:39 pm »
Check out my tutorial series:

I strive to use modern C++11/C++14 features and write idiomatic, safe and efficient code.

This is my first attempt at a complete C++11 game development tutorial.

In about 40 minutes we will create an arkanoid/breakout clone from scratch, using the Standard Library and SFML 2.1, an amazing easy-to-use library that handles GFX, SFX and input.

The video tutorial was extremely well received by the C++ community.
I even transformed it into a 60 minutes talk that I gave at CppCon 2014, in Bellevue:

The CppCon 2014 video has some additional slides and diagrams that may help you even more.

Hope you find it useful!

anything