Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: where to start  (Read 2000 times)

oodaboo

• View Profile
    • Email
where to start
« on: April 06, 2015, 10:18:55 pm »
Hi, Guys
    I would like to start to build a game, sort of like sugar crush. But I have no idea where to start. what is the design process? How to divide this huge project into small pieces. I have basic C++ programming ideas. Thank you so much for the help.

zsbzsb

• Active Maintainer of CSFML/SFML.NET
    • View Profile
    • My little corner...
    • Email
Re: where to start
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 10:53:52 pm »
If you have never done anything of that size before then you need to start small. Start with a simple game clone such as good 'ol 'Pong'. It is very simple yet has enough to it to show you what it takes to make games. Start with getting a paddle on the screen and get it moving. Then move on and add a ball and finally collision. Soon enough you will have a working game and some more experience on what it takes to write games.  ;)
Motion / MotionNET - Complete video / audio playback for SFML / SFML.NET

NetEXT - An SFML.NET Extension Library based on Thor

oodaboo

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: where to start
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 11:11:29 pm »
I learned the ball collision sort of game before on Udemy. But it gives the progamm sort of by itself and he didnt finish the game.. I guess I have to do that again. !!!!!!

If you have never done anything of that size before then you need to start small. Start with a simple game clone such as good 'ol 'Pong'. It is very simple yet has enough to it to show you what it takes to make games. Start with getting a paddle on the screen and get it moving. Then move on and add a ball and finally collision. Soon enough you will have a working game and some more experience on what it takes to write games.  ;)