Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: pseuthe - casual survival game [1.0.3 Released]  (Read 14202 times)

R23MJ

• View Profile
Re: pseuthe - casual survival game
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 07:45:50 pm »
Fallahn, how do you feel about me porting the code over to iOS and uploading it to the App Store? It might take me a while, I will have to convert it to C# and setup the environment but I can post back here when it is done. If you don't mind and want any specifics you can message me.

Mario

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 09:16:01 pm »
Not trying to rain on your parade, but keep in mind that SFML's mobile ports still run on OpenGL ES 1.1 right now, which means there's only the fixed rendering pipeline (= no shader support). Considering the game relies on shaders heavily, you'll be out of luck for now, unless you reimplement the shader stuff or help updating SFML's drawing code. :)

select_this

• Current mood: just ate a pinecone
    • View Profile
    • darrenferrie.com
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 09:46:56 pm »
I love the aesthetics of this (as I said on IRC) but I'll be damned if I can grasp either of the control schemes!

I also got a corrupted double linked list coredump on exit - not a huge deal but I can get a debug stack trace for you if you'd like.
Follow me on Twitter, why don'tcha? @select_this

fallahn

• Buns.
    • View Profile
    • Trederia
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 10:22:20 pm »
@ R23MJ
I appreciate the offer, but this is still very much work in progress, and I'm not looking to target mobile platforms right now. If you have apple experience though I am looking for someone to test the OSX build, and add support to the CMake file. The contribution would be greatly appreciated.

@select_this
I'm assuming you built from source on linux? The only doubly linked list I can think of is the deque in the message bus, and someone else had mentioned valgrind complaining about it. As for the controls it currently defaults to micro-machines style steering - but as there is no friction you only need accelerate up to speed and let go. Holding the acceleration key/button is going to lead to some crazy fast action :)

As for the game itself, I've recently applied all kinds of bug fixes, as well as tried to address any issues which people have had. I've also had to modify the scoreboard format slightly which will replace any existing scores logged with previous versions, such as the builds kindly supplied by eXploit3r (just to warn people). I've also added jelly fish which spawn very rarely, but award full health if you manage to eat one. If you see one of those suckers grab it quick!

http://youtu.be/u_Kk6p2QWBM
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 03:33:30 pm by fallahn »

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2015, 09:41:45 pm »
For all the people not follow the GitHub/IRC action, here's the updated Windows build from the latest commit. :D
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

fallahn

• Buns.
    • View Profile
    • Trederia
Re: pseuthe - casual survival game [1.0.0 Released]
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 07:50:51 pm »
Thanks for all the feedback, support and contributions everyone! I now have Windows and Linux binaries available on itch.io

dabbertorres

• View Profile
    • website/blog
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 09:29:21 am »
Your Linux package's ReadMe.txt is marked as executable, fyi. :)

I quite like the effects and mood. It is quite soothing!

I'd only mention two things:
1. Some of the obstacles are a bit too dark in color. They blend in with the background, and I initially thought they were actually in the background, until I ran into one.
2. Maybe try softening the chime background noise a bit? Either lower the default volume, make it adjustable, or just reduce the amplitude of the chime track a bit. This may be a bit biased though, I'm up pretty late at the moment as is. Haha.

It was enjoyable to do for a few minutes before going to bed! Good job!

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 09:53:06 am »
Like said on IRC already: Nice work. Your games are always of superb quality. I can't say that I can be motivated to play pseuthe for a longer time, but it's already nice to watch the visuals and the meditative music. :D

Now please finish your Micro Machines and crate mover games. :P

fallahn

• Buns.
    • View Profile
    • Trederia
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2015, 10:26:20 am »
Your Linux package's ReadMe.txt is marked as executable, fyi. :)

D'oh. Probably because I added it in later on a Windows machine.

I'd only mention two things:
1. Some of the obstacles are a bit too dark in color. They blend in with the background, and I initially thought they were actually in the background, until I ran into one.
2. Maybe try softening the chime background noise a bit? Either lower the default volume, make it adjustable, or just reduce the amplitude of the chime track a bit. This may be a bit biased though, I'm up pretty late at the moment as is. Haha.

Good point about the colours. I'll try and adjust this a bit. There's a volume slider on the very first menu though, if you want to turn the sound down :)

Now please finish your Micro Machines and crate mover games. :P

I haven't finished this one yet! :) (A few bugs to fix here and there as I'm sure you've found). If you want me to finish CRUSH use the map editor to make some maps for it ;)

fallahn

• Buns.
    • View Profile
    • Trederia
Re: pseuthe - casual survival game [1.0.1 Released]
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2015, 12:07:47 pm »
I've posted version 1.0.1 to the itch.io page. This version includes a couple of bug fixes as well as adding the ability to disable controller input, and making it more obvious when the game is paused.

fallahn

• Buns.
    • View Profile
    • Trederia
Re: pseuthe - casual survival game [1.0.2 Released]
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2015, 12:41:57 pm »
I've updated the source and the itch.io page with 1.0.2. This adds some more information to the help screen about which plankton is which. Hopefully this will be the last release for a while.

fallahn

• Buns.
    • View Profile
    • Trederia
Re: pseuthe - casual survival game [1.0.3 Released]
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2015, 03:15:30 pm »
1.0.3 is now available for download on itch.io. I've fixed a bug where scores could be rigged by making the window not active, updated the help menu and added a colour blind mode for people who have trouble distinguishing between red and green. Also thanks to the ever helpful SFML community (Jonny in particular) an OSX binary should be available soon!