Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [DOWNLOAD] Pointless Wars - [Turn-Based Pointless Strategy]  (Read 32911 times)

Tukimitzu

• Anti-Hero Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pointless Wars - [Turn-Based Pointless Strategy]
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2016, 08:36:51 pm »
Exactly, this clip is all game screen capture, I actually load and draw the logo in the game. I still don't know what was causing that, but it fixed after a rebuild. It seems too specific to happen in Windows only and only with the logo, or at least that's the only time I've noticed it. I'm definitely missing something.

Tukimitzu

• Anti-Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2017, 09:29:44 pm »
Heey! It's been a while...
I've uploaded and alpha version of the game at itch.io, if you want to take a look go ahead!
It doesn't have much, but...

And multiplayer works theoretically!

Download at:
pointlesswars.com

Elias Daler

• View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2017, 01:25:23 am »
Glad to see this project still going! Sadly I'm not a big fan of strategy games, so I can't comment much on a gameplay (how balanced it is, especially), but I enjoyed it! And I've got some feedback.
* It took me quite some time to understand that I can click on buildings/stuff on the main screen. I though it was a title screen, tried to press buttons, then I though:"Oh well, must be a cutscene"... And started waiting. :D
You should probably add some labels to important things or maybe indicate somehow that player can now choose one of many things.
* When creating new squad after battle it'll be good to see how much units I can pick. This + inability to choose more than 50 units will be nice. Choosing more than 50 and only then learning that I can't select this much was a bit disappointing. :D
Look at how most RPGs let you pick skill points, your system should work the same
* Stampede skill should show which enemies got crushed, it took me a while to understand that it actually crushed some
* Maybe the GUI should be at the bottom? At least it'll be cool to have it configurable to down/bottom. It's just easier for me to look down for info then up.
* Maybe total number of units left should be in bigger/bolder font with different backgrounds based on teams? Will be great to read this information easier
* The grass is too bright for me. A bit less saturation may make it easier for eyes and will make units stand out more. But maybe that's just me!
* In the main menu you NPCs don't move smoothly. Maybe it's an intended effect, but I think that smooth movement would look more pleasant.
* The game didn't set my desktop resolution which is 1080p. Maybe it's SFML problem?
* I installed it on Windows 10, but in Start Menu in "Pointless Wars" folder I only have "Uninstall" shortcut for some reason.

Now to the positives: the game feels and looks great! I love the humor. The game looks very professional, it's great how many things you've already implemented and how it just feels right.

P. S. Post it on Twitter and I'll retweet it, maybe more people will check it out! Don't forget to include the prettiest screenshot you have. :D
Tomb Painter, Re:creation dev (abandoned, doing other things) | edw.is | @EliasDaler

Carlos Augusto Br Cpp

• Programming is life
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [DOWNLOAD] Pointless Wars - [Turn-Based Pointless Strategy]
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2017, 10:16:39 am »
Wow man its so good to see that a game of my land is getting really good...

parabéns Tukimitzu, orgulho de br huehuehue  ;D

Tukimitzu

• Anti-Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2017, 03:11:36 pm »
Thanks for the feedback Elias!

* It took me quite some time to understand that I can click on buildings/stuff on the main screen. I though it was a title screen, tried to press buttons, then I though:"Oh well, must be a cutscene"... And started waiting. :D
* Choosing more than 50 and only then learning that I can't select this much was a bit disappointing. :D

Yep, these are on my to do list already.

* Stampede skill should show which enemies got crushed, it took me a while to understand that it actually crushed some
* Maybe total number of units left should be in bigger/bolder font with different backgrounds based on teams? Will be great to read this information easier

These I'll add to my to do list.

* Maybe the GUI should be at the bottom? At least it'll be cool to have it configurable to down/bottom. It's just easier for me to look down for info then up.

This I'll consider, for sure.

* The game didn't set my desktop resolution which is 1080p. Maybe it's SFML problem?

The game sets a resolution of 1280x720 by default, if supported. The reason is because the art style looks better in this resolution. You can change it though.

* I installed it on Windows 10, but in Start Menu in "Pointless Wars" folder I only have "Uninstall" shortcut for some reason.

Ah, good to know, it's the first time I've made an installer for anything, so I'm still figuring things out.

Now to the positives: the game feels and looks great! I love the humor. The game looks very professional, it's great how many things you've already implemented and how it just feels right.

Thanks man! I appreciate it!

P. S. Post it on Twitter and I'll retweet it, maybe more people will check it out! Don't forget to include the prettiest screenshot you have. :D

Will do (:

Wow man its so good to see that a game of my land is getting really good...

parabéns Tukimitzu, orgulho de br huehuehue  ;D

Haha, thanks Carlos! É nós!

MrOnlineCoder

• View Profile
Re: [DOWNLOAD] Pointless Wars - [Turn-Based Pointless Strategy]
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2017, 09:33:31 am »
Very nice graphics and animations! However, I encountered a game crash on my Windows 7 x64, played Singleplayer quick game and in the middle of the game "Program PointlessWars.exe stopped working...."

anything