Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Amsale  (Read 10575 times)

Hyden

Re: Amsale
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 10:50:35 am »
The movement is FPS based. Today I'm going to work on the stats being shown via an in game terminal.

Hyden

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 11:15:24 am »
Alright! I think I may of fixed the jumpy movement. Amsale 1B is now up for download and that has the fix in it.

foxhunter12

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 06:31:39 pm »
Alright! I think I may of fixed the jumpy movement. Amsale 1B is now up for download and that has the fix in it.

You fixed it! You should cap your framerate though, I move very fast now [because movement is based off of FPS, higher fps players will move faster than slower fps players]

Hyden

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2016, 07:00:40 pm »
Awesome, I'll take a look at the FPS issue with moving faster. I don't think capping it will fix it, better hardware could run the game much faster and it would be a waste and slower hardware would move slower as the FPS cap wouldn't effect it. Right now I'm trying to organise and clean up the code, I'll admit at first that I just had all the code in a single source file but now I've got it into multiple source files and it's much easier to work through. I may put out a new download today however it is most likely going to come out tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

dabbertorres

• View Profile
    • website/blog
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2016, 08:37:11 pm »
You want to read this. It'll fix the problem you mentioned, and allow faster machines to not be a waste.

Hyden

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2016, 09:04:42 pm »
You want to read this. It'll fix the problem you mentioned, and allow faster machines to not be a waste.

Yes, I have already implemented that in the new update :)

bitano

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2016, 09:06:39 pm »
Yes, I have already implemented that in the new update :)
You're on fire! Unstoppable :D

Hyden

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2016, 09:22:49 pm »
Haha :)

Hyden

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2016, 03:40:09 pm »
I am having an annoying issue with G++ and Clang++ both saying that Level doesn't exist even though I am including Level.hpp, I've managed to work the issue down to the fact Player.hpp includes Level.hpp because Player.cpp needs a pointer of Level.hpp for one of the functions and Level.hpp includes Player.hpp because it needs Player.hpp for a function. So it is basically creating a loop so I am going to have to move code around. After a test this is indeed the issue which is quite annoying because I wasted time trying to work out the G++ and Clang++ errors and it turned out they were giving error messages that made utterly no sense. Similar in sense to saying "Apple is no longer here" and making you think "Where did it go?" instead of just saying "Apple was never delivered".
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 03:45:38 pm by Hyden »

Hyden

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2016, 03:55:16 pm »
Alright, so a little bit of history :). I programmed the game in just one source file because I was messing about and I actually quite liked it, so I added things, however I then decided to reprogram the game in multiple source files so it was easier to read and work through. Doing that has created issues with a loop of includes, I have just fixed that, however I am now reimplementing things and the little issue wasted time so the next download will be tomorrow, that I can promise :).

Hyden

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2016, 11:21:16 am »
Woo! New download is up, Amsale 1C. I've not been able to add much because I was reorganising all the code and trying to get rid of bugs but I've fiddled with how much each object costs to make and I've added some in game stats that are shown.