Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [Royalty]Need A Pixel Artist For 2D Platformer Maker Game.  (Read 9254 times)

Chay Hawk

• View Profile
    • Email
[Royalty]Need A Pixel Artist For 2D Platformer Maker Game.
« on: March 26, 2016, 04:53:55 am »
ABOUT THE PROJECT

The name of the game is Dr. Dangers Laboratory, it is a 2D platformer level builder game inspired by Mario Maker, Gmod, Scribblenauts and Contraption Maker. The way I designed the game, it will have the fun and creativity of Mario Maker, Scribblenauts and Contraption maker, with the flexibility of Gmod, allowing the player to create pretty much anything they can think of, and design their own levels and prefab items and share them with others.

However I shoudl state that this is not an actual game making program like Game Maker or RPG Maker, its an actual game.

I need a pixel artist though, I would take anyone willing to do it for either royalties, or a beginner just looking for experience.

I need someone who can begin work immediately.

If anyone is interested please contact me at: thundermountainstudios@yahoo.com and we can talk business. You can also PM me if you like.

Thank You, Chay Hawk
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:26:37 pm by Chay Hawk »

bitano

• View Profile
To take on such an ambitious project i would personally never agree to a fixed price arrangement. That's because development will always take up more time than you planned for (so based only on fixed price it would always cost you money).

Good luck finding your programmer though. I hope you'll succeed :D

Chay Hawk

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Bitano, yeah, I didnt think anyone would but you never know, someone might, but im open for pretty much anything. I would be willing to do hourly, fixed, royalty, and/or combinations of the three. Right now I would just like some programmers to give me a quote so I can figure out how much i'll need, thank you for the kind words :)

Hyden

As bitano said I doubt anyone will take the current offer because most development work ends up taking more time than you estimate. A better offer would be payment per day or hour spent on the project or if it's a commerical game than a percent of the profit. The latter would probaly encourage the developer to actually make the game good seeing as that's the only way there going to get paid. I recommend you put this up on Stack Overflow Careers because sfml-dev.org has a small amount of users compared to Stack Overflow.

Chay Hawk

• View Profile
    • Email
Got lots and lots of great offers but I need someone who can start work immediately.

Chay Hawk

• View Profile
    • Email
I found a programmer, now I need a 2D pixel artist who can do 8-16 bit art, you will be making tile sheets and characters and hopefully you can do backgrounds. This position is royalty, however I plan on applying for an Unreal Dev Grant and I'm going to do a Kickstarter so if those are successful, then you will get paid before the game launches. If you are interested please email me at: thundermountainstudios@yahoo.com or send me a PM on here.

Mr_Blame

• View Profile
    • Email
Try asking elias daler he is a good 8-bit artist: [email address removed]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 10:39:41 pm by eXpl0it3r »

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
Try asking elias daler he is a good 8-bit artist: [email address removed]
Please don't post other people's email address (without their consent)!

You can PM him on the forum, tweet him or check out his contact page.
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

Chay Hawk

• View Profile
    • Email
I sent him an email, thanks. Although he seems pretty wrapped up in a project so I'm not counting on him, so if anyone is interested still send me a pm or email.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 05:44:37 am by Chay Hawk »

Chay Hawk

• View Profile
    • Email
He said he couldnt do it too busy, so still looking for a 2D pixel artist.

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
AW: [Paid/Contract]Need A C++ SFML Programmer For 2D Platformer Maker Game.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 12:14:24 pm »
You may have better luck on a forum dedicated to art rather than here where most people are developers. ;)
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

Hyden

Re: [Paid/Contract]Need A C++ SFML Programmer For 2D Platformer Maker Game.
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 05:21:35 pm »
What exact kind of art are you looking for?

Chay Hawk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 11:27:42 pm »
2D 8 or 16 bit pixel art, like Super Mario Bros(NES) or Super Mario World(SNES). I would prefer 8-bit but since this is a royalty position (at least until the kickstarter is successfully funded) I wont be picky.

And yeah I know of some pixel art forums, but I figure i would post here just in case there are any artists here that would be interested as well :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 11:32:57 pm by Chay Hawk »

Hyden

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 03:09:02 pm »
I'd be willing to do some art for free but I'm not exactly the artistic kind of person so I'd only really be good for making the tiles and that.

Chay Hawk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 05:27:55 pm »
Hey yeah great, that would be fine, just some temporary art is fine, just as long as he has something to debug with. Send me a email and I can send you some stuff that would be best for testing.

thundermountainstudios@yahoo.com