Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Let's make 16 classic game in C++ video series  (Read 33451 times)

bitano

• View Profile
Re: Let's make 16 classic game in C++ video series
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 08:38:09 pm »
Actually these videos made me try SFML  :) I have a rusty 10-15 years old C background, with 0 C++. Even not clearly remembering pointers etc. Still i am making some progress if i dont suicide next week :)
I know where you're coming from. The same kind of applied to me. So since you're mentioning pointers, i strongly advice you to look into vectors instead. Vectors and maps. Gotta love 'em!

A_Singh

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2017, 10:53:25 am »
Hey,I am getting the error "unresolved symbol public:static class sf::RenderStates const sf::RenderStates::Default"in the chess game.Please can anyone help me resolve this error.I am using visual studio 2015.

Mario

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 01:01:12 pm »
Any chance you're linking libraries in the wrong order? Rewatched the video and didn't see it being referenced directly, so it should be from SFML's default parameters?

striderm

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2019, 12:15:27 pm »
Hey, I am tying to build this code in codeblock with MinGW. I have Following Errors. Can Someone Guide me through.  :-[ ??? ???

https://imgur.com/zL9kMPy

Rolf

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2019, 02:29:12 pm »
I think you have a problem with the libraries (i'm new to sfml). So check if you created the project with static or dynamic libraries and check if you have the libraries in the correct order (sml-graphics , sfml-window, sfml-system, sfml-audio) in the project build options -> linker settings.

embeddedmz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2020, 10:36:19 pm »
Hi everybody,

I've posted these amazing 16 games on my github account : https://github.com/embeddedmz/16-Games and added CMake support.

For Windows users, I recommend using "vcpkg" to install SFML. That tool is freaking good, I discovered it during the current lockdown !

Regards.