Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: open AL unexpected message  (Read 13467 times)

ka0s420

• View Profile
    • Email
open AL unexpected message
« on: May 15, 2016, 08:34:31 pm »
Hello,

I've recently come back to my project after about a month long break. Since then, i've started to recieve an error message in the console  - AL lib:: (EE) MMDevApiMsgProc: Unexpected message: 49385

However, the application still runs, but then after about 3-4 mins or so, the app crashes with "no symbol file loaded for openal32.dll" error.

At this point, the app is only streaming music, the dll is in the folder with the game, and as stated runs fine for about 5mins. The crash happens both when running through visual studio, and when running the compiled app.

in vs, it also says: Exception thrown at 0x00EA448D (openal32.dll) in Wetware.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x0000BAC2. which to me looks like a null pointer error, but again, this doesnt make sense, as the music and dlls etc don't move and everything stays in scope.

game crashes even when there is no music playback.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 09:35:32 pm by ka0s420 »

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
AW: open AL unexpected message
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 08:24:54 pm »
Sounds like you're not using the openal32.dll that is shippee with SFML.
Have you copied the DLL next to your exe?
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

ka0s420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: open AL unexpected message
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 09:41:20 pm »
high, yes, i'm using openal32.dll that came with sfml 2.3.2, and like i said this was working before without a hitch. the dll is most definitely next to the exe, yes.

I'm racking my brain trying to think of things that I could have altered on my machine that have changed the way it runs somehow, but can't think of anything.

Erdrick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 07:03:28 am »
This reminds me of the warning I am getting

http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=20053.0

I also get the crash 4 mins or so after leaving things to run
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 07:05:52 am by Erdrick »

ka0s420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 09:01:14 am »
Yes it does sound very similar. I found your post when originally looking for the problem on google. But figured it may be different because of the warning numbers and also because, if my memory serves me, you built sfml yourself, whereas im using a release build. Im thinking that i'll try and download a new or newer version of sfml and replace the dll, see if it is possibly corrupt somehow. Will report back if anything works.

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
AW: open AL unexpected message
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 09:47:52 am »
So what's the call stack when it crashes?
——————————————————————

Erdrick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 01:55:41 pm »
Yes it does sound very similar. I found your post when originally looking for the problem on google. But figured it may be different because of the warning numbers and also because, if my memory serves me, you built sfml yourself, whereas im using a release build. Im thinking that i'll try and download a new or newer version of sfml and replace the dll, see if it is possibly corrupt somehow. Will report back if anything works.
Correct on different warning number but i didnt build sfml myself.

Ill report a call stack next time this happens.

ka0s420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 12:16:28 am »
okay so this is everything i get in the output window:

'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\whore\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\Wetware\Debug\Wetware.exe'. Symbols loaded.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\whore\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\Wetware\Debug\sfml-system-d-2.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\whore\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\Wetware\Debug\sfml-window-d-2.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\bcryptprimitives.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\whore\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\Wetware\Debug\sfml-audio-d-2.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ucrtbased.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\whore\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\Wetware\Debug\sfml-graphics-d-2.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\vcruntime140d.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\opengl32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmmbase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmmbase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cfgmgr32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\glu32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmmbase.dll'
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ddraw.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dciman32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp140d.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\whore\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\Wetware\Debug\openal32.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\windows.storage.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\combase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel.appcore.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SHCore.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\powrprof.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\profapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\tiptsf.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\clbcatq.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MMDevAPI.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\devobj.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\propsys.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\devobj.dll'
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MMDevAPI.dll'
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dsound.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MMDevAPI.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\devobj.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AudioSes.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WinTypes.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\UIAutomationCore.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\userenv.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sxs.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvoglv32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\setupapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wtsapi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\version.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wintrust.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msasn1.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\crypt32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntmarta.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dwmapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
The thread 0x664 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winsta.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
The thread 0x1814 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x83c has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x24a0 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dinput.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\hid.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleacc.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\twinapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\twinapi.appcore.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Wetware.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\bcrypt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
The thread 0x3e0 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x2a78 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0xef4 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x1934 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x4b0 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x210c has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0xc18 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x11dc has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x678 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x21d8 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Exception thrown at 0x00A943E9 (openal32.dll) in Wetware.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xDDDDDDDD.

and under callstack it simply says:

>   openal32.dll!00a943e9()   Unknown
    [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for openal32.dll]   
    [External Code]   

Hope that one of these was what you were asking for.

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 01:13:54 am »
Do you have a working audio device? Any troubles while playing sounds/music in other applications? Is your audio driver uptodate?
——————————————————————

ka0s420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 02:51:32 am »
yeah, my audio is working. I use FL studio regularly to record and edit music. I watch videos and listen to music regularly without incident. Also gaming ofc ;) The drivers are up to date and I have no other problems with audio.

Hapax

• My number of posts is shown in hexadecimal.
    • View Profile
    • Links
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 04:02:46 pm »
This is a slightly old topic but the issue doesn't seem here to have been resolved and I have also experienced this error (again, with a slightly different error code).

Any idea if this is an OpenAL problem? I can't seems to find anything in OpenAL's documentation describing what to do in the case of "Unexpected Error" or even that it exists.

To ka0s420 and Erdrick:
Which sound devices were being used when this error appears?
Did the release or debug build tend to last longer before the crash?
Selba Ward -SFML drawables
Cheese Map -Drawable Layered Tile Map
Kairos -Timing Library
Grambol
 *Hapaxia Links*

mtvee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 08:07:35 pm »
I'm getting this too, win 10, audio card is fine, using openal.dll that ships with sfml. The following is from the console.

An internal OpenAL call failed in SoundBuffer.cpp(46).
Expression:
   alGenBuffers(1, &m_buffer)
Error description:
   AL_INVALID_OPERATION
   The specified operation is not allowed in the current state.

AL lib: (EE) MMDevApiMsgProc: Unexpected message: 49281
An internal OpenAL call failed in SoundBuffer.cpp(265).
Expression:
   alBufferData(m_buffer, format, &m_samples[0], size, sampleRate)
Error description:
   AL_INVALID_OPERATION

An internal OpenAL call failed in SoundBuffer.cpp(46).
Expression:
   alGenBuffers(1, &m_buffer)
Error description:
   AL_INVALID_OPERATION

An internal OpenAL call failed in SoundBuffer.cpp(265).
Expression:
   alBufferData(m_buffer, format, &m_samples[0], size, sampleRate)
Error description:
   AL_INVALID_OPERATION

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 09:47:10 pm »
You get this when you do what exactly?
——————————————————————

mtvee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 02:12:01 pm »
You get this when you do what exactly?

I load a couple of ogg files into SoundBuffers. I'm not even playing them or even create an sf::Sound. Just load two buffers.

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 02:33:25 pm »
Are the SoundBuffers initialized in a global scope?
——————————————————————