Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [OPEN] C++ Game Programmer  (Read 2839 times)

SmallTeam

• View Profile
[OPEN] C++ Game Programmer
« on: July 23, 2016, 03:06:22 pm »
Not sure if this is allowed.  Sorry!

* Edited *: 7/24/2016.  Position Details.

// NOTE: If you do not fulfill all of the requirements but only some of them, please do not hesitate to message me.  Thanks.

Hello.  I have a small team of 3 artists and 1 programmer (me).  I am currently looking for a experienced C++ programmer that will be in charge of creating my vision into reality (and to work closely with).  Your job will be very fulfilled as I have a lot of experience when it comes to game mechanics and how they should be made and function.  The game we are aiming at will be an isometric ARPG.

Job Responsibilities:
1. Create an amazing game!
2. Be a team player.
3. Daily Communication.
4. Able to work from home with extreme dedication.
5. Work with Artists/Animators/Musicians closely to develop tools and solutions for pipeline.
6. Develop and maintain code in a component based hierarchy.
7. Develop the game engine using SFML/OpenGL.
8. Develop Random Dungeon Generator.
9. Develop all other aspects of a ARPG game.

Job Requirements:
1. Deep understanding how action role playing games work.
2. Love loot/item based games.
3. 3+ years experience in C++.
4. 2+ years experience in 2d/3d graphics rendering either DX9/11 or GL.
5. Portfolio of similarly made game(s), either with a team or by yourself.
Bonus:
1. Experience with IOCP/EPOLL/Socket programming.

Position Details:
1. 160 Hours A Month.
2.  Able to work from home.
3. Tryout Period (1 month).
4. Contract Work for up to the completion of the game.

How to apply:
Send me a PM with the following:
1. Your Resume.
2. Short Bio.
3. Games You Are Currently Playing.

About Us
We are a small indie development team with 3 artists and 1 programmer scattered throughout the globe.  Why would you want to get on board with us?  We feel as if the ARPG franchise is heading in the wrong direction.  We want to create small ARPG games the size of Diablo 1.  This is our first IP and hopefully not our last.  If you want to be apart of us then you dont hesitate to message me.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:32:23 am by SmallTeam »

Mario

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
Re: [PAID] C++ Game Programmer
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 09:24:11 am »
Well, don't think anyone really minds the occasional offer, maybe we'll need a job board one day. ;)

But what I think you're missing:

- Expected work time per week/month (for 10 hours of coding 2.500$ sounds awesome :P).
- Your location (this might be important for some, even when working from home).

And one more thing: It would look far better, more professional and (in my opinion) more trustworthy if this wouldn't be your very first post here using a very generic user name as well. Participate in the community a bit, help others, etc. Right now you might be random spam account #13246.

Elias Daler

• View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 09:31:07 am »
I agree with Mario. It will also be cool if told us a bit more about your team/company and what games you have made. $2500 a month is quite a lot and not every team can guarantee this, ha-ha. :D
Tomb Painter, Re:creation dev (abandoned, doing other things) | edw.is | @EliasDaler

SmallTeam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 02:19:29 pm »
@Mario - Thank you for the information!  Yes, with one post it does seem a bit fishy!  I am just going around trying to find places where experienced programmers like to hang out at.  Hope this forum does not mind...

@Elias Daler - I actually seen your project and that was what originally made me want to post a job offer here.  ;) Looks great.

Elias Daler

• View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 09:45:23 pm »
@Elias Daler - I actually seen your project and that was what originally made me want to post a job offer here.  ;) Looks great.
Thanks a lot!  ;D
Tomb Painter, Re:creation dev (abandoned, doing other things) | edw.is | @EliasDaler