Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: issue deciding on gui and issues using win32 and cpGUI!!!  (Read 2547 times)

stevend

• View Profile
issue deciding on gui and issues using win32 and cpGUI!!!
« on: January 20, 2010, 04:00:47 am »
thanks for everybodys help here! i have having some issue at the moment deciding which direction i should go for GUI!

i tried to integrate with win32, and i got a window up and i can draw into a box in the win 32 window, but sfml is not firing any event commands for key press events and stuff now. (instead of me showing code, image me taking the event and keypress code from the tutorial and adding it to the win32 tutorial). do i maybe have to proccess events throught win32 api now :( ??

GetEvent(); is returning that the event stack is empty i presume.

second

i tried cpGUI with all the elements.

first i tried to link with cpGUI.lib and all goes fine. when i JUST declare cpGuiContainer... and nothing else ... i get linker errors....

Error   1   error LNK2005: "private: __thiscall type_info::type_info(class type_info const &)" (??0type_info@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(typinfo.obj)   MSVCRT.lib   2dtile

and more

so i have included cpGUI.cpp and cpGUI.h into my project and tried to build them, but when i do, i get these linker errors...

Error   1   error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class sf::Color const sf::Color::White" (?White@Color@sf@@2V12@B)   cpGUI.obj   2dtile

Error   2   error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class sf::Color const sf::Color::Black" (?Black@Color@sf@@2V12@B)   cpGUI.obj   2dtile

and a few more...

so i thought maybe it wasnt linking with the graphics library because i use #pragma comment to link, so i added #pragma comment(lib, "sfml-graphics.lib")  to cpGUI.h but it didnt help at all..

( i also tried linking through build properties... no luck)

any ideas?

i thought i should mention i like the idea of cpGUI better than using win32 so that is top priority.

gsaurus

• View Profile
    • Evolution Engine
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 01:06:30 pm »
I'm personally using wxWidgets with SFML and had any problem yet.

Remember the tutorials, there are tutorials about integration SFML with Win32, X11, Qt and wxWidgets interfaces.
Pluma - Plug-in Management Framework

dunce

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 04:26:11 pm »
If you need an in-game GUI, Guichan is not a bad choice. It is quite easy to integrate it with SFML. I did such a job in less than a day. And everything worked fine.

Flawe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 04:52:23 pm »
Same goes for CEGUI, very flexible gui and if you check the wiki there's a step by step guide to get it running.