Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML Version and how can i get the DLLs for my project in VS 2015  (Read 1310 times)

Tigre Pablito

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello, Ladies and Guys

I posted my mario game to the projects forum, and a crash was reported, i was using VC# 2088 Express, and i saw that about 300 error messages (SFML namespace not found or something like that) appeared before the Debug started, but in my PC the game ran fine, then when they reported the crash, i thought it was due to the about 300 errors ... then i thought maybe the IDE version was too old and perhaps the SFML version wasn't compatible ... so i transferred the project to VS 2015 community that i had installed, and when try to Debug, it crashes at a little from starting ... most it reaches to start 1st level music and stops there ... there's no message in the console screen 

so i suppose my question should be, what version of SFML should i use with my mario project in VS 2015?
and, i took a look to SFML version 2.3.2 that i thought would solve this problem, and it's not the same list of dlls as others, i don't know if it's necesary to do a special process or make ...

please can anyone help me?
thanks in advance

UPDATE:
i was able to see an error msg, it is "cannot load dll file csfml-graphics-2. Cannot find specified module. Exception HRESULT 0x8007007E"
but i copied the csfml-xxxxx to the .exe folder and the sfml-xxxx to the references node

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 02:26:33 am by Tigre Pablito »

jamesL

• View Profile
Re: SFML Version and how can i get the DLLs for my project in VS 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 10:27:51 am »
are you doing C++ or C# ?

if C++ then go here
http://www.sfml-dev.org/download/sfml/2.4.0/

and get
Visual C++ 14 (2015) - 32-bit

get the 32 bit version even if you have a 64 bit version of Windows

then follow the instructions here
http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.4/start-vc.php

Tigre Pablito

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: SFML Version and how can i get the DLLs for my project in VS 2015
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 06:32:50 pm »
I'm using C# ... i changed from Visual C# 2008 Express to Visual Studio 2015 Community yesterday, and my system is Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

Could you tell me what to do? Thanks

EDIT:
Already solved!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 03:08:20 am by Tigre Pablito »